• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hey; just registered and thought I would post here, I've checked out this site before and notice you guys really know your stuff when it comes to fishing ontario (as I can see by the many people posting pics)

anyway I was hoping to get in on some of that knowledge... after having a few demoralizing fishing trips.

Also; I posted a thread in the general forum, how long does it usually take for administrators to approve a thread?

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Welcome to our forum :) As you can see, we love pictures and stories. This s our escape for when we can't go fishing :lol:

In terms of the posts, you need to post 5 times before you posts automatically show up on the forum, for now the mod's need to approve of them. We try our best to be around as often as possible :)

#3 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Welcome to the forum. I know how frustrating getting skunked can be, it happens to everyone. You just have to keep on trying and check your set up.

Mods have to find time to go fishing too....lol.

#4 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Welcome to the site! Keep heading out. Only good things can come of it!

#5 steelies

steelies

Sunfish

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Welcome to ontario's greatest forum. I skunked this morning, not even a nibble. But there is always tomorrow. :)
Steve

#6 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

thanks for the welcome, hopefully bass opener is better (i'm not huge on ice fishing)

#7 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

thanks for the welcome, hopefully bass opener is better (i'm not huge on ice fishing)

What zone are you in? Bass ends on November 30th here in zone 16. You got a little time... What about pike?

#8 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

What zone are you in? Bass ends on November 30th here in zone 16. You got a little time... What about pike?

I'm in Toronto but we have a cottage in Elliot lake, so I fish both here and there, Here mostly for salmon; and there for small-mouth. Went for pike twice this fall and got nothing

#9 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Welcome :grin:

#10 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

What is kind of frustrating is having to wait 4 days to have my post on the general boards approved; is it possible it didn't get approved by the moderators or something?

#11 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Two more posts my friend, post away... I'll be around all night ;)

#12 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

welcome APZ---toronto--what area?

#13 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'm in Toronto but we have a cottage in Elliot lake, so I fish both here and there, Here mostly for salmon; and there for small-mouth. Went for pike twice this fall and got nothing

Same issue with pike for me, brother...

#14 steelies

steelies

Sunfish

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Noob you really got to try out trouts. You know what they say, "once you hook a trout, you'll know what fishing is all about". Lol I'm just kidding, bass a pikes are awesome.

#15 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Same issue with pike for me, brother...

Pike is usually the fish I'm most confident with, If you told me to go out and catch any fish, to save my life.. I would try for pike probably (unless rock bass count).

But after the last 2 years, I'm not so sure anymore;

The 2 buddies I went with have had good luck with pike, but only in summer time,we covered a lot of water over 2 outings (we were all spinning the second time) I guess that's just fishing sometimes.

#16 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Noob you really got to try out trouts. You know what they say, "once you hook a trout, you'll know what fishing is all about". Lol I'm just kidding, bass a pikes are awesome.

I've caught resident browns and brooks, nothing as exciting as hooking one of the most beautiful fish in Canadian waters. Still a steelhead and salmon virgin though...

#17 steelies

steelies

Sunfish

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I've caught resident browns and brooks, nothing as exciting as hooking one of the most beautiful fish in Canadian waters. Still a steelhead and salmon virgin though...

Not this Sunday, but perhaps next sunday. We could head out east at one of my favorite spots on lake O. You, Ronnie and I, we could do a three some and try to deflower you. :D
You don't need any special equipment, spinning reel and a rod is all that is needed.

#18 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hey; just registered and thought I would post here, I've checked out this site before and notice you guys really know your stuff when it comes to fishing ontario (as I can see by the many people posting pics)

anyway I was hoping to get in on some of that knowledge... after having a few demoralizing fishing trips.

Also; I posted a thread in the general forum, how long does it usually take for administrators to approve a thread?

Hey APZ245, So you had a demoralizing fishing trip, Now the question is after you have gained some insight and learn more about presentation and baits and still end up being skunked.. what then?
Its called fishing not catching but enjoy it for all its worth....welcome aboard..:grin:/>
P.S. I still get skunked every now and again but its better on the water than being at home..Fish on...

#19 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Not this Sunday, but perhaps next sunday. We could head out east at one of my favorite spots on lake O. You, Ronnie and I, we could do a three some and try to deflower you. :D/>
You don't need any special equipment, spinning reel and a rod is all that is needed.

Hey,

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately, I got to work on Sundays... Hopefully we can get together in the future.

#20 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hey APZ245, So you had a demoralizing fishing trip, Now the question is after you have gained some insight and learn more about presentation and baits and still end up being skunked.. what then?
Its called fishing not catching but enjoy it for all its worth....welcome aboard..:grin:/>/>
P.S. I still get skunked every now and again but its better on the water than being at home..Fish on...

Don't get me wrong, I still had a great time, the weather on both occasions was beautiful