• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

DOOD I had 24 years of frustration. Give it time, today was the sh!ts, one or two fish here and there. That's it. There has to be more fish at some point or some other place. You have the gear, you have the skills, you just have to be patient. You will get yours it's timing and luck. I don't know how those guys fishing shoulder to shoulder can keep on fishing. How do they know a fish will take their bait and not the next guy's? I mean that's got to be frustrating if the next guy is using the same bait and nails a fish. Wait for better conditons, today was a nice day and seems trout don't like nice days, they are some kind of misery lover or something.

Let's see how much rain comes this week for the next weekend. I'll see you at the same spot Sat.

for sure my friend...for sure i will be there

#22 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'd be up for that.

lets do it---now and in the summer/spring--cant wait to camp up there and fish steady! just ordered some flies---how many? lets just say i got free shipping hahahaha

#23 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Lol man your gonna have more flies then I do lol I have a lot of tieing to do and have to do my spring order from them as well well let's plan a day to do some steel heading up here I will do my best to put you guys on some fIsh

#24 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Sounds like a solid plan. I have to check that hatch chart and tie up those flies....lol. We got to include Angler_Brazil, he's looking to hit steel too. :D

Hey Inthebush
Really sorry we are so off topic here. I assume you are after trout as well. I'm not even sure what's opened in your zone......lol. Like I said earlier just get out there and hit some lakes, have the fun is finding your own honey hole.

Good luck.

#25 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

lets do it next weekend.

#26 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

ok text me at some point this week and will figure something out

#27 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hey Mad

You ever night fished for steel? They and salmon are suppose to be active at night. I know it would be really hard to not be seen by them but I was just wondering.

#28 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

i have but not in a long time and never on the fly

#29 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Did they hit better at night? How did you see, I'd think a lighted float would spook them........lol.

#30 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

you really dont see for the most part i use to do it for salmon and have some luck but nothing for steel

#31 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Same here, I was taken out for salmon at night once when I first started. Did not "catchh" anything so I never did it and only went during the day for salmon. I guess it's no fun to just hear a hooked fish jump.....lol.

We are not seeing a large population of steel here. I don't know if it's more or less then past years. I hope the GB numbers are better then here, they just seem almost extinct here.........lol.

#32 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

its hard to say whats going on theres lots of factors that can cause them not to be in there in bigger numbers

#33 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

What's the latest you've been able to catch them, like up to Dec 31?

#34 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

i havent caught a tone of steel head but depending on the weather and river conditions up here i can fish all year

#35 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Yeah and the fish are cleaner there too. I will be awesome for a bunch of us to go up there.

Is your old phone totally dead? Looks like my car engine is....lol.

#36 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

you guys should come up depending on water levels there are 3 good rivers within about an hour of me and all get good runs as for my phone its deader then a doornail i went and picked up a new phone last week and it wont be with me when im on a river

#37 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Oh man I feel so bad for you. I'll bring you a box of ziplock bags......lol.

#38 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

i have water proof bags but oh well i needed a new phone anyway the way i look at it it was staying dry or losing the fish and i wasnt gonna let that fish get away i chalk it up as taking one for the team

#39 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Yeah you're a great team member....lol. You lose a phone, I lose a engine..... :angry: Yeah steelhead.........lol.

#40 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

it happens wasnt the first i phone i i lost to fishing hopefully the last though so we need to try to set something up for this weekend for you guys to come up here and try our luck