• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

If someone can point me towards a Canadian retailor for MHX rods ill go that route for sure. Right now it looks like either a rainshadow XST 13' 2pc or the MHX 13' 2 piece.

Im thinking I would prefer the MHX because while it has a very strong backbone its a bit softer than the XST which is what im thinking my preference will be.

#22 despotiko

despotiko

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

If someone can point me towards a Canadian retailor for MHX rods ill go that route for sure. Right now it looks like either a rainshadow XST 13' 2pc or the MHX 13' 2 piece.

Im thinking I would prefer the MHX because while it has a very strong backbone its a bit softer than the XST which is what im thinking my preference will be.

Raven IM6 blanks and Batson IST (softer than the xst).
Just finished up my ARE 5/6wt conversion. Was skeptical about these blanks, they just seemed to good to be true at $50. I was satisfied to say the least, the blank performed beautifully, nice progresson of power thrughout. Easily protected 4lb lead but can also haul ass with 8lb and they are feather light. CJ has some pics of it loaded up on some stateside steel if you wanna see it in action.

#23 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Raven IM6 blanks and Batson IST (softer than the xst).
Just finished up my ARE 5/6wt conversion. Was skeptical about these blanks, they just seemed to good to be true at $50. I was satisfied to say the least, the blank performed beautifully, nice progresson of power thrughout. Easily protected 4lb lead but can also haul ass with 8lb and they are feather light. CJ has some pics of it loaded up on some stateside steel if you wanna see it in action.

Despotiko- i have been thinking of building/getting built an ARE spey blank for a big water rod.really sucks being undergunned up north or possibly down south( if i ever go try there). it will only get used once in a while, so a "budget" rod is what im lookin for . Im thinking the 14 7/8, but maybe the 9/10. what do you have the 12? I checked out the speypages site and there are no bad review of these rods. maybe i should start a new thread, or can you pm me with any more input on them?
thanks
leaky

#24 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks D, ill take a look at those pics. I think I may also like to look into a 4pc blank option.

#25 despotiko

despotiko

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

No problem NADO, Leaky you have a pm.