Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Tons of corn here. KORN

#42 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Ah That's Nebraska . Home of the Corn Huskers.

You're sorta right. Neb produces a lot more than Kansas, but Ill produces even more. Although, I guess even Kansas would manage enough for carp bait with a bit left over for those hosers who chum bows with corn. Heck, I bet you could scare up enough in Ont to satisfy the OP's needs. :grin:
But now my curiosity has been piqued I'll have to watch Wizard all over again to see where corn fields fit into the story. I'll need to do it over the winter so I don't cut into my fishing time. Now, HC, if we can get you to go after game fish rather than carp, this thread will have served a useful purpose!!
http://wherefoodcome...te-Alphabetical

#43 hammercarp

hammercarp

Perch

• Active Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

You're sorta right. Neb produces a lot more than Kansas, but Ill produces even more. Although, I guess even Kansas would manage enough for carp bait with a bit left over for those hosers who chum bows with corn. Heck, I bet you could scare up enough in Ont to satisfy the OP's needs. :grin:
But now my curiosity has been piqued I'll have to watch Wizard all over again to see where corn fields fit into the story. I'll need to do it over the winter so I don't cut into my fishing time. Now, HC, if we can get you to go after game fish rather than carp, this thread will have served a useful purpose!!
http://wherefoodcome...te-Alphabetical

Why? Do you want one more guy crowding you out on the tribs :grin: Besides carp are the #1 sportfish in the world. ;-) And if it's one thing us carp guys know, it's corn. I'll tell you where corn fits in to the story. The scarecrow was guarding a cornfield, most unsuccessfully I might add.

#44 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

[quote name='hammercarp' timestamp='1356408081' post='254471'
Besides carp are the #1 sportfish in the world. ;-)
[/quote]
Don't get me started about carp! :mrgreen:

GO STEELHEAD!!!!!!

#45 Lombrea

Lombrea

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I found at an feed mill !!! So, there is the place to buy!!!. Carp fishing is the most relaxing sport in the world.

#46 hammercarp

hammercarp

Perch

• Active Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

I found at an feed mill !!! So, there is the place to buy!!!. Carp fishing is the most relaxing sport in the world.

Glad you found a supply. Hopefully you will have some luck and post some pictures of you catch.  :)

#47 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Tons of corn here. KORN

Yes This. I like this Korn :cool:

As for this thread, didn't it corny enough last time around?

Alfie.

#48 RedCat

RedCat

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

One of the local websites used to do a carp fishing day for families and all others interested. They would chum a slough area of the river for about a week before the event. They just used feed corn that they soaked in a 55gal drum.

I am also a hunter. Bear hunting is one of my favorite hunts. I use corn in my bait mix. Over the last few years corn prices have skyrocketed! I was paying $10 a bushel as of spring 2012...... we buy it by the tonne.