Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Christmas gift from nature![attachment=10720:24122012017.jpg]

#2 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

i certainly hope you didn't take this picture yourself while fighting the fish. That would have meant you were playing it for some time...

#3 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

i certainly hope you didn't take this picture yourself while fighting the fish. That would have meant you were playing it for some time...

Spot on. You should be forensic pathologist.

Merry Christmas to you to.

#4 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Deleted cause its been resolved

#5 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

:)

#6 free reign

free reign

Sunfish

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Just curious, on an other thread you b**** ed about how its a guys givin right to go "slay" fish and called out a bunch of anglers for suggesting c&r. Why now do you care how long a fish was played? The pics you take of your fish out of water in your hands is more damaging to the fish then taking a pic of a fish on the line in the water and probably took just as much time.

Hey bro u know how to release a fish and revive it? My fish swam away immediately and the fight was short for this fish. When a fish is ready to swim away , they will. Are u a scientist or biologist?
Are u Canadian cause u bitch too much.

#7 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just curious, on an other thread you b**** ed about how its a guys givin right to go "slay" fish and called out a bunch of anglers for suggesting c&r. Why now do you care how long a fish was played?

I think he is pointing out the hypocrisy for a guy telling others to C&R but he is potentially exhausting a fish to the point of death. Am I right goodentight?

#8 free reign

free reign

Sunfish

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hey bro u know how to release a fish and revive it? My fish swam away immediately and the fight was short for this fish. When a fish is ready to swim away , they will. Are u a scientist or biologist? Next time I'll take a video of it swimmin away so u can sleep at night.

#9 Maximilian

Maximilian

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

love. People like you are really annoying. Just try to bring down anyone posting pics.

#10 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I posted a few clips of me fighting a fish, and I think some forum members tried to argue it was not a good decision.

I'm pretty sure goodentight is just referencing that and being facetious.

#11 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Im just being an idiot following suit. Im just doing to OP what

Float drifter,
Redneckchromer,
troutchaser,
logjam,
catfish,
samosom,

all did to the kid for posting a picture with a stringer. If you guys are going to treat some young kid who is super excited about a catch like a piece of sh*t (some of you were worse than others), then as "grown up men" accept the fact I am going to fire it back at you to feel how that poor kid feels.

SUCKS HUH? *SMILES*

take this a lesson to start being more POSITIVE with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I know that for a long while here, going against our god given rights as outlined from the MNR, any stringer picture will have your balls busted. It's a shame.

#12 Float_On

Float_On

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Rainbow were added to the Great Lakes for a couple reasons; sport, catch&keep, tourism, economy.

So catch it and eat it, or catch it and throw it back.

Neither makes you more or less of anything. ('Cept Lake Ontario - don't eat it)

Go to Europe and C&R is against the law in many countries.

You want to drive a hook into an animals jaw and take a few high-res pics and call yourself a steward, go right ahead. It's your lawful right.

Sorry, this one always gets me.

#13 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

All my steelheads are released! When i want to eat fish i go perch fishing on lake Erie. I go steelhaed fishing for good fight and i don,t care what everybody else thinks. None of fish that i catch touch river bank or dray land i release them while still in water and if hook is set to hard i cut the line i don.t even touch the fish because i don,t want to take protective slime from their skin.. Yes they maybe get bit tired but every one of them swam away. So i will do my way and some of you guys probably will not agree with me but i don't give f..... So on the better note Happy New Year to everyone and don,t be hypocrites :) it is worse than taking fish home and eat it hahahah

#14 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hey bro u know how to release a fish and revive it? My fish swam away immediately and the fight was short for this fish. When a fish is ready to swim away , they will. Are u a scientist or biologist?
Are u Canadian cause u bitch too much.

What you said has nothing to do with anything I said...I take fish out of the water all the time revive and release..lol just pointing out a mild bit of hypocricy..calm down

#15 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think he is pointing out the hypocrisy for a guy telling others to C&R but he is potentially exhausting a fish to the point of death. Am I right goodentight?

How is he exausting a fish to death? Were you there? Did the fish jump oit of the water and say so? I've had fish roll over and do the same thing 30secs into a fight does that mean it was exausted to death?..no just because a guy takea a picture of a fish on the line in he water doesnt mean he over exausted a fish..Posted Image

#16 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

not sure what you're argument is here GT, but its a hell of lot better than what most bass anglers do to their catch, set the hook so hard it almost breaks the rod, then rip it out of the weeds by said hook, with 50lb braid, then flip it from the water and have it flop around on the bottom of the boat for 30 while you try to get it under control.

i'd rather have a fish that i can control when i get it to the bank, or boat, then have it flopping around possibly causing injury to itself or me or broken gear, hell i've spent 5-10 minutes on my knees in the water reviving 30lb salmon to go do their thing

#17 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

I made a thread about what has been upsetting me, salmonom was a part of it so I fired back at him. Please direct all discussion to the thread I just made, regarding forming a forum policy. Thanks.

#18 Float_On

Float_On

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

hell i've spent 5-10 minutes on my knees in the water reviving 30lb salmon to go do their thing

If you have to revive a fish that long it's likely brain dead.

Even if it swims away after a while, it has little hope, especially in moving water scenarios.

If it can't swim away under its own power right away, you have harmed it and should keep it.

#19 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Christmas gift from nature![attachment=10720:24122012017.jpg]

Merry Christmas & thanks for sharing a pic of a fish in it's natural element...water! :)

#20 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Merry Christmas & thanks for sharing a pic of a fish in it's natural element...water! :)

Happy holidays to you. Finlay positive feedback :)