• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

wow ninja--another person quoting the post that you did not write..bizarre--immaculate posting--its must be a holy intervention...you try and convince me that you didnt post on this thread and your telling me i am not intelligent---may i suggest you stick with the velcro.....and always make sure a grown up checks your helmet strap before you go to school

schnip....he said he never posted in the other thread, you know the one with the picture.....

#42 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Catch of the day
Posted Image

Toronto People....LOL! :lol:

#43 dsukh

dsukh

Sunfish

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Toronto People....LOL! :lol:

Aren't we great artists? :D

#44 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

"If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"

When you post pictures up on an INTERNET forum, be prepared for criticism... If you get all sore about comments made online by individuals you don't even know, you have other issues to be worried about.
What cracks me up is that most of these individuals post up pictures so that they can show their angling prowess.. but once someone questions there conservation methods, it's automatically an "attack"..

If someone with more experience offers advice or even points out certain aspects of your angling that could use improvement, listen and learn... Most of you are still noobs to this sport, so learning and understanding should be paramount.

This was very well said, I wouldn't change a thing.

Even thought I usually do well I would still consider myself a noob, Unfortunately not that much advice found on this site these days which is too bad. The problem is that a lot of new guns on here have some sort of vendetta against anyone who can offer any real advice. This wouldn't be tolerated on other forums and I find those who have been through this kind of crap for 10+ years tend to stay away from forums with this kind of crowd or they post a lot less less.

Another point to be made.....correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think the kid who made that post was offended by anything said in that thread. A few tips were given and for the most part that whole thread just consists of other members arguing with each other about limits and other nonsense. :roll:

#45 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm fine with seeing fish on stringers, as long as it's done legally.

#46 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

just because its legal still doesn't mean u shoud do it. What if all keep fish every time we go fishing how is the future looking? im done with this topic some people never get it and never will.

#47 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

just because its legal still doesn't mean u shoud do it. What if all keep fish every time we go fishing how is the future looking? im done with this topic some people never get it and never will.

Offense taken there... I agree, but three fish taken from 1 river, from 1 person doesn't make a huge dent in the steel population.

#48 Float_On

Float_On

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

You don't want the fishing to be too easy though. Lol.

Leave the big breeders, keep a few small eaters once in a while...

Everything in moderation, maintain a balance.

#49 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

You don't want the fishing to be too easy though. Lol.

Leave the big breeders, keep a few small eaters once in a while...

Everything in moderation, maintain a balance.

Exactly!!!!!! And the ones he got weren't tanks either.

#50 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

schnip....he said he never posted in the other thread, you know the one with the picture.....

i know i was talking about this thread

#51 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

unfortunetly if you decide you want to keep a fish dont post the pic and this wont happen--show you friends or have them over when you cook it up and slap it on the table ---otherwise people will flip out--i will keep fishi in the summer and if i have 2 i will use a stringer---i wont sing to them and i wont make sure they are comfy on the ride home--fools its a fish let people do what they want with them (within the law) he NEVER once asked for anything but a compliemtn or two on his great catch

PM the kid for f*&ks sake--so sick and tired of you bloody greenpeace warriors acting like fools over a darn fish. no on broke the law---if you dont like a stringer shut up and go to the next post --knowing that you saved someone alot of embarassment over something THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL AND NORMAL--IF IT HURTS YOU THAT MUCH GO OUT CATCH A STEELIE AND F@#K THE darn THING...literally caress it lube up and slide it in...wow man

#52 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

unfortunetly if you decide you want to keep a fish dont post the pic and this wont happen--show you friends or have them over when you cook it up and slap it on the table ---otherwise people will flip out--i will keep fishi in the summer and if i have 2 i will use a stringer---i wont sing to them and i wont make sure they are comfy on the ride home--fools its a fish let people do what they want with them (within the law) he NEVER once asked for anything but a compliemtn or two on his great catch

PM the kid for f*&ks sake--so sick and tired of you bloody greenpeace warriors acting like fools over a darn fish. no on broke the law---if you dont like a stringer shut up and go to the next post --knowing that you saved someone alot of embarassment over something THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL AND NORMAL--IF IT HURTS YOU THAT MUCH GO OUT CATCH A STEELIE AND F@#K THE darn THING...literally caress it lube up and slide it in...wow man

Now that's not legal and not normal.

Taken from the Criminal code of Canada.

Bestiality

160. (1) Every person who commits bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Compelling the commission of bestiality
(2) Every person who compels another to commit bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Bestiality in presence of or by child
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), every person who, in the presence of a person under the age of fourteen years, commits bestiality or who incites a person under the age of fourteen years to commit bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 160; R.S., 1985, c. 19 (3rd Supp.), s. 3.

#53 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

schnip you are not very bright are you.

#54 dsukh

dsukh

Sunfish

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Correct. Some people get it, some never will: a fish or two on a stringer does NOT mean they take every outing.

#55 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Bestiality

160. (1) Every person who commits bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

(2) Every person who compels another to commit bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), every person who, in the presence of a person under the age of fourteen years, commits bestiality or who incites a person under the age of fourteen years to commit bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Well played. Lmfao

#56 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

A little harsh bro.

Ive said to each his own on several occasions, but what you need to understand is you acting like that is no better then the guys you accused of attacking the topic starter. Be the bigger man ya?

I'm 99% catch and release, i did kill a couple of salmon this year, and a couple of bows.

The guys who c&r are what makes our fishery what it is, and the guys who keep them don't hurt it all that much.
I don't know about you guys but I've had an exceptional season, I have 100 pictures of different steel on my phone that I've caught between last January and Now, and that's just the ones I've taken pics of lol.
20 fish days are sweet, 10 fish days are great, a one fish day was worth it.
There is no shortage of steel my friends. Even If there was, the MNR would definatley step in. There is way too much money being dumped into this industry.

I could buy a bloody boat, with all the gear I have and all the gas money I spend to get to my spots.

#57 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ok really??? I've been reading this and really am astounded. Yes I know I'm new to this forum, yes I know I'm new to going after Trout..but I can tell you without a doubt, that the first 2 fish I ever manage to catch are coming home with me! Stringer or sittting in the snow...they are homeward bound and destined for my plate! Anything after that..back they go..but really..if it's legal..who gives a rats a$$ if it's on a stringer and headed for a plate? C'mon now people, we are not talking about 'white bucket' people here, but people that want to show off their fish and be proud of what they managed to accomplish! I can tell you that *if* I finally manage to land a Rainbow I'm going to be proud as heck and would love to show it off! If someone jacks me for having it on a stringer?.....bring it....I've been fishing a long time and always try and look to the future when it comes to catch and release..but honestly...if I'm within the law, and it's coming to my table...who the heck is anyone to gainsay my decision? Nobody...plain and simple. You may not know me, and I may not know you..but as long as we all look out for the sport then it's all good!

Cheers!

#58 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Bestiality

hahaha lol lock him up. Trying to compel the masses to commit bestiality over the internet!

#59 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

awesome....so when someone says go F!#k a duck they can do time? awesome.

#60 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Guys, don't make us lock this, ban someone, delete topics, etc. Go fishing please.