• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

O.F.F. has been around for a while now! longer then i even know! one of the best info site for fishing, the best place to meet and talk fish or anything about it.
and it is diffentetly fill with some real good people!

i was just thinking maybe there should be some kind of "swag" we can get to wear well we are out and about!!
by chance i have seen photos of people on here and only seen 1 person for sure on the river that was apart of the forums!

i think it would be awesome if i could go out fishing and see someone supporting the O.F.F. site with a hat/coat/ bumper sticker..ect.... that way if im out by my self and happen to see someone from here, i could talk to them knowing that we may have already talked before...

just a thought, i would by things from the site if we had the option.
O.F.F. swag store!!

LJ

#2 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Great idea!

#3 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

OFF patch maybe. or Tshirts---

#4 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Good idea! who's suppose to dish out the money to get the stuff to begin with? Maybe we should setup a start up fund?

#5 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Good idea

#6 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

all the admin needs to do is use a paypal account--we can preorder -this can happen via email money transfer as well--make a "closing date" once final number of paid is there --order items

#7 Stu59

Stu59

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Most forums use premium memberships to pay for such items. Along with supporting the people who pay to run the site, it also helps to promote awareness of the forum to get more people to join in and grow the community.

I have joined many car clubs over the years and with a premium membership (usually about $25-40 annually) you get a membership card that gets you discounts to sponsors products as well as stickers for your car and access to a members only section where you can vote for site changes and suggestions as well as set up events.

#8 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

great idea---this weeds out the lurkers...good idea man...

#9 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

#10 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

maybe kit can make some for us, Up for it Kit ??

#11 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Haha I was just reading this and thinking, Hasn't this been brought up before? Then I noticed the dates.

I thought it was a great idea then and still do. We could have a members board and like an OFF crew thing or something.

#12 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Haha I was just reading this and thinking, Hasn't this been brought up before? Then I noticed the dates.

I thought it was a great idea then and still do. We could have a members board and like an OFF crew thing or something.

that would be cool like off hats and t shirts and stuff 

#13 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

maybe kit can make some for us, Up for it Kit ??

If me and the site owner can work something out I'd be down for it.

What I do as it would be a online store. As the one I have now for my other business. Payment methods are Paypal and all major credit cards. As for stickers a business PayPal account can be setup so you pay though PayPal and stickers get sent out to you.

I'd support this site with a membership for sure. But if the site admin wants to contact me so we can chat by all means contact me.

#14 pwadm

pwadm

Sunfish

• Administrators
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

All great ideas. From the software side it is not difficult to have it setup. I will look into this in more details...

#15 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

I would buy stuff for sure. It would be cool to have graphic design fishing t-shirts.

#16 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

All great ideas. From the software side it is not difficult to have it setup. I will look into this in more details...

Excellent.

#17 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

This is a great idea. A site like kickstarter is a great way to gather funds.

#18 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

how about we all submit our fav pic of us with a fish and kit ( if hes up for this ) makes a collage either saying O.F.F on it or the whole shirt is a collage with O.F.F in white on the front ??

#19 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Me and Pwadm have been talking and have some great ideas coming very soon. And will make more money for the site for fees and other things to build it bigger and better. As for the collage that sounds like a good idea. Send me images on here or email me them at service.sldhed@gmail.com Make sure images are big, bigger the better if they are pixelated they will not be used. If you have to use a pixel to inches calculator you want your image to be at least 4"x4" so it shows up nicely on a shirt.

#20 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Sounds good kit, if you and pwdam need any help shoot me a PM, I can help with the overall design of things as well as brain storming