lol got a boat?

#4 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

lol got a boat?

Just seen a report said its good to go on a couple lakes up there.
Any suggestions where else to go?

#5 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Huntsville area

#6 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hey Rusty:

If your going to Orillia This Might Help. I've caught a few Good Ones (LM & SM Bass) on Couchiching.

Lake St. John
is not to bad either. At The South end is a "Creek" that takes you into "Mud Lake". You have to Row Or Pole you're way into there.

It's all trees, logs, and weeds. But The Depths are Good.

IDEAL Habitat for BIG BASS!!

Topwaters, Weedless Plugs??, and Weedless Worm Rigs using Weighted Worm Hooks, NEW Wacky Worm Rig, Jig Head Worm Rig and BIG Soft Plastic Worms (Min. 6" to 8") Might DO IT!! (A Few Examples below)

The Map was HUGE so I cut it in half, downsized it, cleaned it up, and added some Notes in Red.

Shouldn't be a Problem Figuring it out. If there is just let me know.

Rick

#7 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Huntsville area

Leave my home turf alone, there's no fish in any lakes up there :) lol

#8 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hey Rusty:

If your going to Orillia This Might Help. I've caught a few Good Ones (LM & SM Bass) on Couchiching.

Lake St. John
is not to bad either. At The South end is a "Creek" that takes you into "Mud Lake". You have to Row Or Pole you're way into there.

It's all trees, logs, and weeds. But The Depths are Good.

IDEAL Habitat for BIG BASS!!

Topwaters, Weedless Plugs??, and Weedless Worm Rigs using Weighted Worm Hooks, NEW Wacky Worm Rig, Jig Head Worm Rig and BIG Soft Plastic Worms (Min. 6" to 8") Might DO IT!! (A Few Examples below)

The Map was HUGE so I cut it in half, downsized it, cleaned it up, and added some Notes in Red.

Shouldn't be a Problem Figuring it out. If there is just let me know.

Rick

Ummm. Hardwater?? Heh heh.

#9 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just need some GPS coordinates and the giveaway is complete lol. Good advice for boat fishing but for ice not so good, bass is out of season now as well.

Remember pm's are great for sharing spots with members.

#10 AnglerAnonymous

AnglerAnonymous

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just need some GPS coordinates and the giveaway is complete lol. Good advice for boat fishing but for ice not so good, bass is out of season now as well.

Pm's are very good! Top water bite is great this time of year

#11 Float down

Float down

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Pm's are very good! Top water bite is great this time of year

Yah with one jerk of the rod you can get that top water to clear 100 feet!

#12 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Yes. I realize all that "Don't Tell" Stuff. As well as your other 3 "Reminders".

Trout Fishiing, which appears to be the Main Thrust of this Site is somewhat different than what I enjoy Fishing for. Bass, Pike, Muskie, Perch etc. I believe there are Others on here that also prefer that type of Fishing.

What I put on here is for the Benefit of ALL Members. I also spent a LOT of time assembling, cleaning it up and getting it in shape to Post. As I've done Numerous times before.

I see it as Providing Information that I feel is Usefull for other Members. Is that not what this site is suppose to be about? Perhaps I should have Posted this on it's own as this Topic is about ICE.

"GPS coordinates and the GIVEAWAY is complete"?? These are LAKES, LAKES are BIG, they are Not "Tribs", "Creeks" Or "Rivers". I gave NO Indication of "Hot Spots".

I don't believe these LAKES will all of a sudden be "Taken Over" by Others because of what I Posted.

Yes. I know Bass Season is over and this was an "Ice Post" good luck on ANY Ice, so far and the rest of the Season. I'm on a Lake Simcoe Forum. I keep a Watch on all that type of Info.

That's it!

Rick

#13 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not quite sure why you guys seem to think that FishHawk's post was giving away something or being too helpful. I found it REALLY USEFULL as I don't fish for trout or salmon like the rest of you so I stock pile all this info for when bass season is open.

I'm also pretty sure that it is fine to talk about a species that is out of season, I mean how many trout anglers talk about the steelhead run when the season is over. Chill out guys! Maybe it is just non-trout anglers and the odd, rare and courageous trout angler that are actually helpful to beginners. I mean sure making a post about to make a drift is nice but lets be real, I can learn how to drift on youtube for half the effort of making a topic and waiting for replies. Forums are meant for the unique information that changes from area to area, at least fishing forums imo.

To quote Openfire:

The objective of this project is to discover and catalogue all of the known, and in many cases, previously unknown fishing opportunities that abound in places that are local, convenient and accessible to most of us. For this to be accomplished, it is inherently necessary for all of us to work together and pool our knowledge and findings.

[*:16neeq6o] Feel free to share knowledge, experiences, opinions, or anything else that you wish... the point is to learn and have fun.
[*:16neeq6o] If you disagree with something someone has said, feel free to say so, but do it courteously.
[*:16neeq6o] Insults, threats, and flames are not welcome.
[*:16neeq6o] The moderators will be monitoring board traffic, and will take action if required to maintain a friendly atmosphere.

Isn't FishHawk actively succeeding in the objective of this forum? (look at the first paragraph) FishHawk is sharing HIS knowledge, experience and opinion all within the wonderful rules of this great forum.

#14 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Ok nobody go to this site b/c it tells you what fishes are in what body of water and they have a clear map of how to get there. OMG they gonna ruin all the fishing in those spots by giving all this info out. What the hell are they thinking or were they at all?

http://www.mnr.gov.o...ROD_084189.html

Thanks alot MNR, you suck.......lol. I've got 3 spots I'm gonna hit and take all the bass out of with my skating Rapala......lol.

#15 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

"FishingNoob" & "grubman" Thank You for your Comments Of Support.

Much Appreciated!!

Rick

#16 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

The ice right now, is way too unsafe.

#17 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

"FishingNoob" & "grubman" Thank You for your Comments Of Support.

Much Appreciated!!

Rick

Thanks for all the maps you have. You got a library for them all on your PC? They are awesome, I know those maps say there's fish there, but when I get there the fish are all gone.........lol. But the depth readings are really worth it, along with the structure. Another really good site is for boaters, it's not 100% accurate but it's a start in finding fish holding structure. Just click on the main map and zoom in to the water body and SHAZAM you got a hydro chart with depths for free ( my fave price).

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Thanks for the internet for all this fish catching info. Good luck.

EDIT: The Navionics site has changed, I used to be able to zoom in on specific lakes and even ponds. It now only shows major lake depths. I guess they got in hot water with the "Man" for giving info for free when the gov wants to sell the charts. Can we all say "money grab" together?

#18 J'snest

J'snest

Sunfish

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

The ice right now, is way too unsafe.

I was in Orillia yesterday. There are a couple huts in Couch about a klm off shore from the park. That was it. Be careful.............

#19 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

We made it out on lake St. John. I'ce was good not great

#20 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts