Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

3 perch all day. Didn't see anyone catching

#22 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

when its first ice and there are very few areas to go that are safe you dont go posting on the open forum where to go. Use pm's, at least until more water is frozen over. Im sure guys who have given spots through pm also dont appreciate them being shared on the open forum.

#23 O.My.Buddy

O.My.Buddy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I've been hitting some Jumbos on Cooch on Monday and Tuesday. I also surprised to catch a herring yesterday...4 inches good ice...it should still be good tommorrow but I won't be going on it after 10 degrees and rain

#24 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Removed

#25 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

:mrgreen:

Posted Image

#26 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

:mrgreen:

Posted Image

LMFAO

Here's my jumbo perch spot, go to Cook's Bay on east side from the park in Keswick. Bring your GPS for distance. Walk down the public boat lauch, from there walk 100 meters due west, turn WWN and walk another 300 meters. There on the ice you'll find a X in my pee. Drill and have at them........LMAO.

#27 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

LMFAO

Here's my jumbo perch spot, go to Cook's Bay on east side from the park in Keswick. Bring your GPS for distance. Walk down the public boat lauch, from there walk 100 meters due west, turn WWN and walk another 300 meters. There on the ice you'll find a X in my pee. Drill and have at them........LMAO.

Good One grubman!!

It's only 30 Minutes from My Place. Might drive up tomorrow and see if I can Locate it!!

I think I've got Your Directions all Figured out :lol: :lol:

#28 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Awesome Fish, I just hope it doesn't melt by the time you get there. You got the spot right on the map too, sweet...lol. But also from my X spot 147m due east you'll find my turds where there's no fish......lol. I nearly froze my irritated anus off marking them.....lol.

#29 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

LMFAO

I now know where my next fishing adventure will take place! (once the ice is declared safe) :D

Even I can understand those directions and remember not to fish where their is turds!

#30 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Sorry FishHawk, I tried to read your post but suffered from a seizure half way through due to all of the bolding and Italics.

#31 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Sorry FishHawk, I tried to read your post but suffered from a seizure half way through due to all of the bolding and Italics.

Hope your feeling better!

#32 O.My.Buddy

O.My.Buddy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

ice fishing 2013 039.JPG This is as close as I'd get to posting a spot online for theoretically millions of people to potentially see. One of my favourite things about fishing is being away from the crowd. I always figured a part of the Fisherman's code was to keep your spots quiet and part of the fun and satisfaction of fishing is to put in some time fishing, trying some new things etc. To each their own, can't say I don't like reading about fishing in places I never fish but might one day...anyway be very careful if you're going out, the ice was kinda sketchy today and deteriorating...my auger sank in half way by the end of the day...a few holes with water coming through ..the ice cracked up and flooded from the wind yesterday in places....less than 2" to 5" clear blue ice and quite a bit frizzy, slushy, layered soft crap...there was a cop waiting for on shore ...somebody was "concerned for my safety" and called in..."I said there's guys rippin around on sleds, I just take my time and go where I'm confident. It wasn't all that warm today but I won't be on it for a while after the rain" It was safe today but will be trecherous the next few days...time to think steelhead...

#33 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

nice size perch, perfect sized haul too. I cant imagine what it would be like to clean 50 perch, 10 is my limit lol.

#34 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

LMAO

#35 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

nice size perch, perfect sized haul too. I cant imagine what it would be like to clean 50 perch, 10 is my limit lol.

Not fun, alot of hand cramping! I was the only one who knew how to clean fish so my buddies relied on me to do theres too..

#36 O.My.Buddy

O.My.Buddy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Nado, me too man...the 8 and 9" fish o the left were kill hooked or they would have went back....I know a guy that used to take 50 perch and clean them with an electric knife then just cut the whole rib cage out. I'd rather take my time and go a good job filleting a few good fish. I released one bigger than my boot on Monday. My boot is 13 inches. That's 30-40thousand baby perch in there...that second set of holes I drilled Monday was right on the money...been watchin alot ofguys do alot of walking and punch alot of holes this week and playin with their electric toys lol I don't need a fish finder....my hooks find them lol keeps me lightweight too

#37 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

This is as close as I'd get to posting a spot online for theoretically millions of people to potentially see.

Your right just as it is FishHawk's to show some spots.

One of my favourite things about fishing is being away from the crowd.

I think that is one of all of our favorite things about fishing! :D

I always figured a part of the Fisherman's code was to keep your spots quiet and part of the fun and satisfaction of fishing is to put in some time fishing, trying some new things etc.

Myself and a few others on this forum have a different Fisherman's Code, a code where you help each other learn and become better anglers through the sharing of long held secrets that might and might not include spots depending on the person whether that be teaching a new comer at the pier a better knot or how to set up the drag on a reel right. My code includes getting people young and old involved in the sport any way possible whether that means taking someone to my "honey hole" or sending them a helpful pm. The number of "die hard' fisherpeople has declined, wouldn't you love to see fishing become more popular? My code involves picking up trash that I don't leave. My code has no tolerance to fishing outside of the regulations, my code supports fish stocking and methods to increase the fish population. My code involves helping another angler carry his tackle box back to the parking lot. My code involves answering the little boy/girls question and the age old question of "Catch anything?" truthfully even if it means the person asking the question is going to start coming to the spot. The code I follow respects other anglers by giving other anglers their space and not following them around like a puppy with an issue, giving an angler who snagged his last hook one of mine, or lending another angler some of my live bait. My code isn't about changing your lure to an unproductive one when you see someone coming. My code involves seeing the best in other anglers whether that be seeing an angler I reported keeping illegal fish, fish legally. My code involves teaching people even newer to fishing then me. Sure I might have as much time on the water as some of you guys, but I do my research. I think others appreciate that I follow my code of fishing and not yours. I sure enjoy spending as much time as I can in nature whether that be walking my dog or taking a stroll to the super market and I still enjoy fishing even if I get skunked 10 times in a row, but others might not and just because they don't doesn't mean they can't fish. My code is about being accepting to all anglers no matter their race, fishing ability or determination. Some people may get defeated quicker then others but that just means they should receive more support from us, more experienced anglers. The code I follow is all about supporting one another and the sport that we love, whether that be congatulating a member for building a raft to hold his supplies that might not look professional but gets the job done to an ecstatic young new comer to the forums who posts a photo of a steelhead on a stringer that he will take home for his family to enjoy.

I hope that I help people through fishing and that I show thanks for the help that I received and continue to receive from a few.

I don't mean to put the forum down in any way because it is a great site, but because of the attitudes of a few here the atmosphere has become less and less friendly and inviting and I hope that once the steelhead season is over the forum and it's members can go back to it's old self for the sake of the admins and mods that work hard to stop and prevent fights. Lets remember that we all became anglers for a reason and that reason was not to fight with each other over stupid stuff like gear, techniques or locations. We became anglers because at the end of the day we enjoy spending time outdoors with our friends and families whether that be basking in the sun, freezing in the rain or enjoy the fresh cold air ice fishing. We became anglers because we like biology (believe it or not), we like to study fish to learn what they eat and where they live, how they reproduce and the best way to maintain high fish populations. We became anglers because most of all we love the sound of our drag's screaming, we love the challenge and we love our spots. We love the fight whether that be from a small sunfish to a 5 lb bass to a monster muskie, pike, salmon or carp. We became anglers because we love every fish we ever catch, because fish tales haunt us in our sleep.

Lets remember that we didn't join the forums to fight with other anglers over which fish species, setup, and other bits of fishing is the best, we joined because we hoped to learn, to educate, to laugh and have fun, to meet new people, and to catch more fish. Lets cut each other some slack, I think you will find it will make the forum a much happier and welcoming place for new comers and veterans alike, lets worry about catching fish and helping people not putting people down. It is a shame to see such a great site brought to it's knees by so few (all who fight with each other including me). I hope this posts shows that I care for our sport, our fish, our lakes, rivers and ponds, and other anglers. I pray that some one can find this post and decide to help a fellow angler and not turn a blind eye.

Thanks and lets all promise to be nice to each other and not put each other down and not irritate each other, we have lures for that ( ;) ) and lest we forget we all care about the same things, nature (including fish), family, friends and having a good time.

#38 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

no where in your mammoth post did my search for kingpin, imperial, or simms show up, therefore your post is invalid! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Completely joking dude. That was deep. respect.

#39 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

extremely well said mr noob

#40 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Fantastic Post Noob!! In fact it just stopped me from replying to Another Of NADOS Sarcastic Comments.

You're right. It goes against the Grain of what this Great Site is all about and there's Nothing to be Gained by it. "Brick Walls" and all that.

Thanks Buddy!

Rick