• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BackwoodsBassr

BackwoodsBassr

Perch

• Active Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

OK so I'm new here and probably already cheesing people off with my hyperactive involvement on the forum boards lol... but even so, just in case there were a few people left willing to give me a chance lol, I wanted to sound off a little more and ruin it.

First of all, would like to apologize for any ill will I may have caused by blatantly asking people where they like to fish. I had no idea how closely folks guarded their fishing spots (with good reason I am sure), and after reading through the forum I gathered that this is due to people who frequently "lurk" to pick up spots, and then proceed to invade peaceful holes...usually displaying the type of etiquette one would expect from a hungry drunk. Having spent most of my life fishing pretty secluded waters for bass I was unaware of this problem (so many bass lakes to go around it never seemed to matter). I would also like to thank you, the members/moderators/administrators of the forum, for making me aware of this problem...which leads me to my main question:

Is there now, or could there be created a section for closed reports about provincial parks or other waters that are secluded enough to merit some secrecy but are not home to migratory species? I never in my life brought a camera with me fishing (was a bit of a 'back to basics" snob but I'm getting over it) and I was pumped to get one and share my adventures with others but now that I've been made aware of the dangers of posting my spots online I'm hesitant to do it in sections that "anyone" can browse.

Ditto for lure making. I love it, can't get enough of it, but I put a lot of blood sweet and tears making and designing my tackle (OK maybe not but it is time consuming) and I don't necessarily cherish the thought of people lifting my designs without contributing anything....

Sorry if this comes off as a little paranoid but I blame you OFF for making me this way haha.

Cheers!