9 replies to this topic

#1 RobH

RobH

Sunfish

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi guys,
Starting Monday, January 28th we have two, two hour time slots booked at the Royal Distributing Athletic performance Centre in Guelph. Mondays from 8am to 10am and Thursdays from 1pm to 3pm. This is on a drop in basis and is available at a rate of $10:00 per person. You don't have to book it, just show up. At this time, Wilson's will be volunteering and instructor for each session and you can take advantage of that or just go in and horse around. It is completely informal at this point.
Our hope moving forward into next winter is to get a better time slot and have some organized lessons and clinics for the entire winter so if you are interested, try and work your schedule to come out and see the facility.

#2 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Great update Rob...thanks
cc

#3 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Sounds cool, at the same time that would also be pretty hilarious to see lol. A bunch of guys in a big room so addicted to fishing that they are swinging lines in the air and mending their drifts on the concrete floor. :lol:

#4 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hey Rob, welcome to the forum.

The Toronto store needs to do one too. Most guys here are in the GTA. But thanks for the invite. See you Saturday, vise in hand and hook in finger............lol.

#5 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Welcome Rob I might have to check it out if I can steal some time away from work thanks for posting it here

#6 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

hmmm guelph is too far away for a 2 hour class, it would take me almost 2 hours to get there. not to mention the 8am monday, i'd have to leave at 4am and fight rush hour in toronto....

#7 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

hmmm guelph is too far away for a 2 hour class, it would take me almost 2 hours to get there. not to mention the 8am monday, i'd have to leave at 4am and fight rush hour in toronto....

I'll talk to Toronto store Rob about having one in Pickering or Scarb.......lol. Did you see Graham Bristow's link on my fly tying course? March 2 there is a symposium, no details about cost or time. Check it out.

#8 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'll talk to Toronto store Rob about having one in Pickering or Scarb.......lol. Did you see Graham Bristow's link on my fly tying course? March 2 there is a symposium, no details about cost or time. Check it out.

yea i saw that, unfortunately most of those things are on saturdays, which i work all the time

#9 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

yea i saw that, unfortunately most of those things are on saturdays, hate working retail but it pays the bills

I'm sorry, my mistake. Not March 2 on Saturday but March 3 on the Sunday.

http://www.winterhat.../symposium.html

They have not replied to me yet.... :(

#10 RobH

RobH

Sunfish

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Just a reminder that the week of March break (11th -15th) there will be no casting at the Marden indoor field.