so what you fish for?.....lol

#22 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

so what you fish for?.....lol

Amen! Lordy, lordy, lordy. Bout time he answered some questions.

#23 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well I don't do reports and stuff man, not"that guy" I normally fish by myself, because that's the way I like it. If someone asks me "did u catch any thing" I say no, even if I got double digits, its t he way I was taught a sort of fishing code if u will, and I never ask someone "how many" unless I know them. I never help anyone with a fish because if you're a fisherman you shouldn't need help. No one can use my net because well for one why are u fishing without a net and second I've had too many nets broken from nuggets who don't know what they are doing. I don't mean to come across as un friendly I was just joking around

Seems to me your a real classy guy to be around, I sure do pray to god, I don't cross rods with you, mine would snap yours in half and ruin your fishing day, probably the same you ruined a beginners...

This is my code, hope you read it all:

Myself and a few others on this forum have a different Fisherman's Code, a code where you help each other learn and become better anglers through the sharing of long held secrets that might and might not include spots depending on the person whether that be teaching a new comer at the pier a better knot or how to set up the drag on a reel right. My code includes getting people young and old involved in the sport any way possible whether that means taking someone to my "honey hole" or sending them a helpful pm. The number of "die hard' fisherpeople has declined, wouldn't you love to see fishing become more popular? My code involves picking up trash that I don't leave. My code has no tolerance to fishing outside of the regulations, my code supports fish stocking and methods to increase the fish population. My code involves helping another angler carry his tackle box back to the parking lot. My code involves answering the little boy/girls question and the age old question of "Catch anything?" truthfully even if it means the person asking the question is going to start coming to the spot. The code I follow respects other anglers by giving other anglers their space and not following them around like a puppy with an issue, giving an angler who snagged his last hook one of mine, or lending another angler some of my live bait. My code isn't about changing your lure to an unproductive one when you see someone coming. My code involves seeing the best in other anglers whether that be seeing an angler I reported keeping illegal fish, fish legally. My code involves teaching people even newer to fishing then me. Sure I might have as much time on the water as some of you guys, but I do my research. I think others appreciate that I follow my code of fishing and not yours. I sure enjoy spending as much time as I can in nature whether that be walking my dog or taking a stroll to the super market and I still enjoy fishing even if I get skunked 10 times in a row, but others might not and just because they don't doesn't mean they can't fish. My code is about being accepting to all anglers no matter their race, fishing ability or determination. Some people may get defeated quicker then others but that just means they should receive more support from us, more experienced anglers. The code I follow is all about supporting one another and the sport that we love, whether that be congatulating a member for building a raft to hold his supplies that might not look professional but gets the job done to an ecstatic young new comer to the forums who posts a photo of a steelhead on a stringer that he will take home for his family to enjoy.

#24 Clab

Clab

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Seems to me your a real classy guy to be around, I sure do pray to god, I don't cross rods with you, mine would snap yours in half and ruin your fishing day, probably the same you ruined a beginners...

Myself and a few others on this forum have a different Fisherman's Code, a code where you help each other learn and become better anglers through the sharing of long held secrets that might and might not include spots depending on the person whether that be teaching a new comer at the pier a better knot or how to set up the drag on a reel right. My code includes getting people young and old involved in the sport any way possible whether that means taking someone to my "honey hole" or sending them a helpful pm. The number of "die hard' fisherpeople has declined, wouldn't you love to see fishing become more popular? My code involves picking up trash that I don't leave. My code has no tolerance to fishing outside of the regulations, my code supports fish stocking and methods to increase the fish population. My code involves helping another angler carry his tackle box back to the parking lot. My code involves answering the little boy/girls question and the age old question of "Catch anything?" truthfully even if it means the person asking the question is going to start coming to the spot. The code I follow respects other anglers by giving other anglers their space and not following them around like a puppy with an issue, giving an angler who snagged his last hook one of mine, or lending another angler some of my live bait. My code isn't about changing your lure to an unproductive one when you see someone coming. My code involves seeing the best in other anglers whether that be seeing an angler I reported keeping illegal fish, fish legally. My code involves teaching people even newer to fishing then me. Sure I might have as much time on the water as some of you guys, but I do my research. I think others appreciate that I follow my code of fishing and not yours. I sure enjoy spending as much time as I can in nature whether that be walking my dog or taking a stroll to the super market and I still enjoy fishing even if I get skunked 10 times in a row, but others might not and just because they don't doesn't mean they can't fish. My code is about being accepting to all anglers no matter their race, fishing ability or determination. Some people may get defeated quicker then others but that just means they should receive more support from us, more experienced anglers. The code I follow is all about supporting one another and the sport that we love, whether that be congatulating a member for building a raft to hold his supplies that might not look professional but gets the job done to an ecstatic young new comer to the forums who posts a photo of a steelhead on a stringer that he will take home for his family to enjoy.

This guy knows what its about! I've helped countless kids at my local pond. From tangled line to knots, even a large gold fish that devoured a tiny long shank hook. Everyone who likes fishing as a sport should be as supportive as possible to eachother. If I even knew how many fish I've netted for other people I wouldn't have enough time to tell you. Like come on man a net is your biggest expense? What about the joy in a new fisher when you help them land their first big smallmouth. Like that to me is a good day.

#25 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

This guy knows what its about! I've helped countless kids at my local pond. From tangled line to knots, even a large gold fish that devoured a tiny long shank hook. Everyone who likes fishing as a sport should be as supportive as possible to eachother. If I even knew how many fish I've netted for other people I wouldn't have enough time to tell you. Like come on man a net is your biggest expense? What about the joy in a new fisher when you help them land their first big smallmouth. Like that to me is a good day.

Thanks. Really nice to hear, it's great that you help kids at your local pond. That's were I learned.

#26 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Well I don't do reports and stuff man, not"that guy" I normally fish by myself, because that's the way I like it. If someone asks me "did u catch any thing" I say no, even if I got double digits, its t he way I was taught a sort of fishing code if u will, and I never ask someone "how many" unless I know them. I never help anyone with a fish because if you're a fisherman you shouldn't need help. No one can use my net because well for one why are u fishing without a net and second I've had too many nets broken from nuggets who don't know what they are doing. I don't mean to come across as un friendly I was just joking around

So why exactly are you here. Just to poach information and not contribute. Well keep on moving!!!!!

#27 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

So why exactly are you here. Just to poach information and not contribute. Well keep on moving!!!!!

Amen Rusty!

#28 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

×2

#29 Youthgw

Youthgw

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

100% agreed with ya , i enjoy helping other fishermen out and i also love learning off more experienced fishermen. Knowledge is key

#30 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

100% agreed with ya , i enjoy helping other fishermen out and i also love learning off more experienced fishermen. Knowledge is key

Thanks! Glad we agree!

#31 reelbigfish

reelbigfish

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Youre wrong

#32 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members