• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

So I posted up a thread a few days ago to see if anyone wanted to roadtrip with me to Niagara this morning. A few bites but no takers when push came to shove. Cool. All I have to say... is you can spend all day and all night analyzing weather patterns and reading reports online... but it is silly to wait for the "stars to align" for the "perfect day" to get out and hit the water. I am glad I went.

Headed out from Whitby at 8am and caught the tail end of traffic. Got to my buddies in Niagara at 10am. Grabbed a coffee and our third buddy rolled up.

Got to the lot and hiked down and were on the water by 11am. BEAUTIFUL DAY. Zero degrees, mixed bag of sun and cloud, and low winds. Felt like April.

[Background story: Last night I tied up something brand new to me. Have heard of a certain type of lure being extremely successful and I tied up the pattern and made 12 of them]

I fold open my rig, attach one of these new jig patterns I have just made, and before I have even straightened out my line and composed myself my float is non existent. I thought I was on a rock. I ream on my rod and my line takes off. My two buddies haven't even got their rigs set up yet hahahaha. Put that on the backburner! Grab the net!!! 11lb Laker first drift to start the day.

Posted Image

The start, and what ended up being the highlight, of a beautiful day.

We stuck around on the water until about 5pm. Collectively we landed 6 Bows, 3 Lakers, and one FAT brown. Here is a couple of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Long trip home tonight, but well worth the adventure, as always!

As for my pattern that I got all of my fish on (which included the trout trifecta :-P :-D ) well, come along for the adventure next time :lol:

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Did well! And people are complaining about mud conditions :lol:

Lotta people out?

#3 LordMykiss

LordMykiss

Perch

• Active Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

i like that last one, looks like a sea trout. i know it is a brown though.

#4 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Awesome report! Trout tri-fecta in February, well done.

#5 coldhands

coldhands

Sunfish

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Nice work, was contemplating showing up but had to go to the doctor for something. Perhaps another day.

#6 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Your efforts got great rewards. Driving from Whitby is no joke I'm sure and the hike down there as well. Nothing beats time in the water. Those are awesome looking fish.

#7 GrandRiverDrifter

GrandRiverDrifter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Good on ya mate!

#8 redneckchromer

redneckchromer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

nice sounds like you had a good day thanks for telling everyone where! my buddy went 9-12 the other day on a creek it was crazy!

#9 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

#10 BackwoodsBassr

BackwoodsBassr

Perch

• Active Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nice fish, and gotta agree with you: if you're going to let the weather dictate your activities find an indoor sport haha.

Funny enough, yesterday I was talking to my buddy from Niagra (who lives in Ottawa) and he was saying this is one of the best times of the year to fish there so seems like you guys made a solid call and you have the pics to back that up!

Cheers.

#11 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Awesome. Nice fish. :cool:

#12 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Good of you to invite some of the gang, though many have obligations mid week that preclude spontanious outings...not sure it's about waiting for any alchemical transmutation.
Nice report and fish...gotta love those sun drenched 0 degree days for steelheading.
cc

#13 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

awesome goodentight :mrgreen: ,thanks for posting and sharing, sounds like whatever you tied up was the ticket :)

#14 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

#15 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:19 PM