• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Petruga

Petruga

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hey, i was thinking about going to the island sometime in march at the toronto islands, i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or experiance fishing at the islands at this time of the year for pike. Any thing is better than nothing. 

Thanks Petruga

#2 Clab

Clab

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Seen some posts around about this, I've heard suspending baits can be productive. Fish slow don't rush it

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

You don't even need to go to the island. Any Lake O river mouth will have them. As long as you're fishing before March 31. ^ suspending plugs is pretty hot right now.

#4 Petruga

Petruga

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Alright thanks guys im bringing a ton of differnt lures, spoons, mepps, husky jerks, suspending. This is my first time acually going out to get pike, usually go for river small mouth. But thanks for the tips.

#5 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

You don't even need to go to the island. Any Lake O river mouth will have them. As long as you're fishing before March 31. ^ suspending plugs is pretty hot right now.

Soooo helpful. Thanks!

#6 mikeh

mikeh

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I was over the islands this weekend, a lot of the shallow canals and lagoons are still frozen over. Water level is really low. Only Pike action I saw was on the outside of the islands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pike, Island, Toronto, fishing