4 replies to this topic

#1 breandan.pikefisher

breandan.pikefisher

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hey everyone,

I live in Barrie and love to fish for perch out of kempenfelt bay, and love to fish out of the nottawasaga river too. my question is where is the best place to buy bait? i am always looking for bait, but have a hard time finding minnows, leeches, roe, etc  other than for way too much at Canadian tire. the worm vending machines in Barrie work well, but when they close in the fall i don't know where i can go to get bait without having to go to far. i also haven't seen the Rack N Reel in Barrie open for a long time. if anyone knows the best place to get some bait, especially roe and minnows for a pretty good price, that would be awesome!

Thanks 

#2 oliver

oliver

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm in the same boat...where can i find a worm vending machine?  im around bayfield and grove st.  thanks kindly

#3 christotheashto

christotheashto

Sunfish

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

rack n reel is done, you can get minnows at cannings, which is down at minets point..

as for roe, i buy mine online. worms, wait till it rains and spend half an hour, pick an easy 50.

#4 davey buoy

davey buoy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

There's a worm vending machine outside CT gas station on bayfield,and a lot of the Mac's convenient stores have them outside as well.

#5 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

best spot for bait around barrie is jacobs bait and tackle on 11 north at line 14 orillia. a bit of a drive from town but not many options

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bait, lake simcoe, roe, live bait, bait shops, minnows, trout, pike, perch