• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Advice coming from a non-pro. Practice and get better. Take notes. Research. It is difficult for a young one to be very good when you're going to need $$$ for gear, lures, travel expenses etc. everything that will make you better. If you can manage to cover the expenses for now by getting part time jobs. do it. This is 1 part of your goal. Baby steps. Companies rarely sponsor someone unknown just for the heck of it. And make sure you take notes on what you learn in the water. Experience is key. Lebron James or Messi didn't get sponsored and got better. They got better first. Once you're gaining success someone out there will want their name on your shirt. Hopefully someday.

#22 Urban Fishing Channel

Urban Fishing Channel

Sunfish

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

thanks guys 

#23 chalkhorse

chalkhorse

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I would include how you are going to get young people to buy the companies products and some examples of when you influenced young anglers, I would not talk about your friends here but others as it might look like you just want free lures for your friends. How popular are you in the fishing world, is your name known? Enter a bunch more tournaments and try to rank in the top 5 or 3 - this means fishing and fishing really hard in the rain, sleet every condition, even if you don't rank it gets your name around.

Wow, I'm harsh, but I took a stance of a lure/bait/tackle company owner.

marketing department care about the following

money and money only--sssoooo-

1. a picture to the right person is a start--a face for thier product-make a small video and start sending it to companies locally as well as ones you see that sponsor other up and comers-

2. you availablity--how much time thier product will be on the water or in the public eye(tournament schedule, locations etc...

3.your talent means very little in marketing eyes unless you are a one off phenom--respectfully speaking if that was the case you would be already wearing a mercury tshirt

4. what market segment you feel you would impact.

5. pick a style and type of fishing--dont dillute yourself as marketing doesnt want to see grey areas they want black and white--easier for them to put you in thier agenda-on the flipside if they want you but they already have a young bass fisherman be prepared to fish tarpon in a heartbeat

6.if you have a unique style, haircut, look in general dont change it unless its offensive--the wheel that squeeks gets the oil my friend

when coke puts out a contest for something to send a video in--one of the first things they look for is product placement--fish the rod you want to get sponsored by--show them that you arent shopping around rrather you wont fish unless you have thier rod in your hand, thier bait on your line or thier name on your back...give them emotion and conviction they will eventually give you a bass boat and money...period

that's great advice, remy...

i'm a graphic designer... if you need any help in the avenue of promo materials, pm me...  (no charge, of course)   

#24 jackthefish

jackthefish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

careful what you get mixed up with for money.  some may ask you to take a ride with them in their car. 

#25 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

its a kid man at minimum be human enough to keep your uneducated comments to palces where a young child doesnt read it--this is fishing not adult films...

#26 jackthefish

jackthefish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

i have the childrens' best interest in my warning.

dont get in the cars kids.

#27 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

its a kid man at minimum be human enough to keep your uneducated comments to palces where a young child doesnt read it--this is fishing not adult films...

At 15, he should be aware of this. When you don't talk about this, it starts problems. Is a fishing forums the right place to talk about this? No, but should it be talked about yes with parents and family.

#28 Urban Fishing Channel

Urban Fishing Channel

Sunfish

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

At 15, he should be aware of this. When you don't talk about this, it starts problems. Is a fishing forums the right place to talk about this? No, but should it be talked about yes with parents and family.

Im well aware of this, haha. Papa bear and Mama bear have talked to me about this

#29 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Im well aware of this, haha. Papa bear and Mama bear have talked to me about this

:D good to know

#30 Urban Fishing Channel

Urban Fishing Channel

Sunfish

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Got a sponsor ! Caribou Lures ! thanks everyone for the help !

#31 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

The one in Quebec??

#32 Urban Fishing Channel

Urban Fishing Channel

Sunfish

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

The one in Quebec??

yup

#33 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

yup

Cool nice work!

#34 dockmuskie

dockmuskie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Congrats that didnt take long. Very cool

#35 Urban Fishing Channel

Urban Fishing Channel

Sunfish

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Congrats that didnt take long. Very cool

haha ya thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fishing, sponsorship