• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kerplunk

Kerplunk

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hello fellow fishers. I bought a boat last year but I don't have anyone to accompany me. For a variety of reasons, I don't feel comfortable taking it out on my own and welcome anyone interested in coming along. If you can spare a few bucks for gas and have some good fishing stories, we might enjoy our company. I live in Oshawa and up for fishing just about anywhere really. Any suggestions?

Attached Images

• Lake Nosbinsing.jpg

#2 allan

allan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hi Kerplunk, I'm somewhat in the same "boat" i guess. I'm over in Milton and took early retirement last spring. Did a lot of fishing last summer on my own but most of my budddies still work so arent readily available, esp during the week. I too have a boat, kayaks, float tube etc. Although i'm on the other side of Toronto- i like the Muskoka/Haliburton area  ( any area really with good fishing) and would be up for a day trip or two once things get going. I dont mind driving and no problem sharing expenses of course. Lets keep in touch and plan something. My email is on my profile. Allan

#3 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey Kerplunk, you'll find boat company in no time.  Welcome to our site, lotta friendly folks on here.  Lots of great friendships started right here.  If you are interested in fishing for big catfish and want to head out to the Dunnville area on the Grand, I'm in for a day trip, of course, share the expenses.  My boat wont be around until the end of May by the looks of things.  No guarantees we'll get into fish but hey, thats fishing.  They can get pretty big :cool:   The photo isn't of me, I just took the photo.

DSC00854_zps3494cbdb.jpg

#4 Kerplunk

Kerplunk

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Heh Allan, unfortunately I work during the week and wouldn't get much of a chance to go then, but the weekends I'm free. I guess we still have a bit of time before we get out there and I also have to clean up the boat and whatnot. Won't be long now tho.

#5 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

I live in Wasaga. If any of you want a boat mate anywhere from Muskoka to Halib sometime pls let me know. will share gas etc..  

#6 allan

allan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Guys. i will be in touch as the spring moves along to see about getting out. Feel frree to contact me too. Was up in the Muskoka area today picking up a new kayak and it was pretty wintery (?) still - some ice on the lakes along Hwy 11 still!

#7 Kerplunk

Kerplunk

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

#8 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

I am in whitby, and I know some great spots not terribly far away!

#9 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I want in...wherever whenever

#10 worldslaziestninja

worldslaziestninja

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

I live in brampton and am currently free most any time. 

#11 redwings

redwings

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

I work shift work and wouldn't mind a fishing buddy.  I'm in north Mississauga area near heartland.  Got wheels and don't mind going for the day or so.  Actually taking my 9 year old daughter to the perch festival this weekend.   

#12 worldslaziestninja

worldslaziestninja

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

I say again I would love to go out right now I could go for crappie or for a drive like above big cats.