• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

BUT. Do those who type posts actually read the rules?

If I understand correctly I can discuss fishing Bass in the Grand as much as I please?

When you have a few minutes this summer Noob and can make it down this way, let me know. I can put you on lots of Bass, and fun.

Alfie.

The way the rules work as far as I am aware is that, you are allowed to post any body of water for any fish other then trout salmon, but are not forced to post any locations if you do not want to.

Alfie, if you ever come to Toronto and some time to fish, I'll gladly show you around, if I can't show you around for some reason, I'll share some spots and tips. :D

#22 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Crappie and perch and about all thats open besides trout. 

I like big crappie.   

WHO DOESN'T!

#23 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Let the mods deal with it, your not in a position of power to enforce the rules or not, and I'm sure anyone who can type a post can read the rules just as good as me.

we don't live in communist china, once I join an open forum I have a position of power in the form of my opinion and my voice--which is and remains the same--100 years ago it was cool to overfish salmon and trout--now they are dwindling in numbers to the point of conservation groups having to put farmed fish in waters to return to somewhat normalcy..--it would make sense that the same anglers that know this history(which is anyone over the age of five) would assume that if we start giving out info on how to politely eliminate other species using the same, consume and never replenish, methods we have in the past soon we will all be fishing for twoonies at the local fountain..if this makes sense bank it in your brain for future intelligent use, if it doesn't please use your own words and don't waste your time replying because either way history and human nature have proven beyond any doubt that my theory is correct.  not to mention noob I have nothing against you personally..so don't take it that way..see you on the water..we can share our honey holes and pray there are fish there for our future generations..its not always about the rules--sometimes common sense, albeit uncommon, needs to prevail..

#24 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

we don't live in communist china, once I join an open forum I have a position of power in the form of my opinion and my voice--which is and remains the same--100 years ago it was cool to overfish salmon and trout--now they are dwindling in numbers to the point of conservation groups having to put farmed fish in waters to return to somewhat normalcy..--it would make sense that the same anglers that know this history(which is anyone over the age of five) would assume that if we start giving out info on how to politely eliminate other species using the same, consume and never replenish, methods we have in the past soon we will all be fishing for twoonies at the local fountain..if this makes sense bank it in your brain for future intelligent use, if it doesn't please use your own words and don't waste your time replying because either way history and human nature have proven beyond any doubt that my theory is correct.  not to mention noob I have nothing against you personally..so don't take it that way..see you on the water..we can share our honey holes and pray there are fish there for our future generations..its not always about the rules--sometimes common sense, albeit uncommon, needs to prevail..

#25 mikea07

mikea07

Sunfish

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

You guys are like boys with toys.

I'm going to have to side with Remy on this one though. At the end of the day it's about perserving the fish population. I don't think he was being a forum bully. His post seemed like a simple "FYI" or "Heads Up". Didn't sense any harshness to it at all, actually. It makes complete sense what he is saying that the same courtesy should be extended to all species, whether that is in the forum rules or not.

I also agree with you, Noob, that it is not Remy's job to enforce the rules here. But guess what, it's not your job either. Just because you have a high post count doesn't give you anymore power. If a mod thinks that Remy's comment was unwarranted, take your own advice and let them deal with it.

Anyway, back on topic...

Welcome RuffingatRiffles

#26 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

agreed--NOOB lets go fishing together ya meathead!

#27 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Bass and other warm water species are like weed while migratory trout and salmon are like heroin. You've been out for the salmonids enough times Remy, you didnt notice a difference in fishing pressure? I'm not going to give away my bass hot spots but if someone wants to its not the end of the world.

Now I will say that there are currently 22 guests viewing the topic :shock:  :shock:  but for the most part people arent going to drive 2 hours to fish the Grand for bass like the would for the salmonids. You have been making alot of these posts in threads and the shoutbox for quite some time now. The mods are on the site daily and have their mandate so if you think a post is breaking the rules just hit the report button at the bottom right and it will get taken care of.

#28 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I agree mostly except

1-100 guys on a river looks waay busier than 100 guys on a lake

2-perch season on lake simcoe--cant even see the water for US fisherman in their overprices ski boats and mercury bowling shirts

3-my point if you tool the time to actually dissect it was not their im[portance as much as again I repeat...100 years aog you could walk across the water from trout to trout and salmon to salmon there were so many --now because of the pressure you posted about yourself they are like t REX--soon bass and pike and the rest will follow...because people have that exact attitude--oh don't worry there are millions of them--22 guests that might be looking for a spot to fish are now reading a cool thread about where they are at--slowly contributing to the exact thing we protect so dearly with the revered trout and salmon--remember 100 years ago they were only a food source...just like bass--they were not an obsession like now--

#29 BackwoodsBassr

BackwoodsBassr

Perch

• Active Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Gentlemen I respect the rules of this site because it is part of the deal when you decide to be a member but (at the risk of sounding like a broken record) it is irresponsible industrial development and commercial fishing pressure that is responsible for the decline of the salmonid species you are referring to...not recreational angling.

Because of these irresponsible practices recreational angling does have an impact...but that mostly speaks to the decline of the species not the effects of angling.

I don't want to get too deep in to politics but if you're serious about helping fish you might want to check out the important changes being made to environmental acts rights now instead of arguing about posts on an online forum.

I know this sounds pretty condescending but I really don't mean it that way. You lot seem like stone cold chillers and I have no problem with anyone here but this is just the truth as I see it broskis.

#30 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

one wrapper or a million out the window its all pollution and it all adds up -same point as before my bassin brother..same point as before...if one carp doesnt get beached and kicked around by some fool taking pictures of it with his 38 family members--because someone kept ANY locations to PM only then we just won the fight...period..and the best part is we don't need to donate money or make a human chain over the bluffs--just PM so lurkers cant see spots---the message is clear...also get a fly rod BASSER!!!

#31 BackwoodsBassr

BackwoodsBassr

Perch

• Active Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Very true remy I shouldn't discount the small things that make a difference. It is always great to see people with a genuine concern for nature.

At the same time, real change can be accomplished without spending money. if every reminder not to post spots or beach fish were replaced - or better yet accompanied by - a nice to-the-point email to one's MP/MPP/MLA about how their constituent(s) feel(s) about the importance of protecting our fisheries I think we would see some action taken on a larger scale.

I guess I just see these forums as an excellent opportunity to unite the conservation minded anglers of our province so that we can direct the message in a meaningful way...and it upsets me a little to see these well intended posts go to waste chastising a few transgressors when they could be put to work on the big stage.

As for the fly rod...I would absolutly love to...working on the finances now as there are a few other toys I want aswell lol.

#32 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

A buddy and I caught more bass 1 aft on the Grand than we ever have anywhere 'up North'.

Yes the Grand is truely a great Bass fishery. Not going to knock the north because I have been some great places there too, but a friend and I caught 30 Smallies in one outing last summer. About 6 hrs. Doing the math that is 5 fish per hour, or 2.5 fish per person per hour. That doesn't include the Channels we caught, 12 and 1 Pike. Also 1 Bowfin and a Gar. It's not always like that, but is usually pretty good. The Bass weren't monsters, but went up to about 2.5 or 3 lbs, a lot were acrobats in the lb range :D

Alfie.

#33 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

#34 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

This is all fine and dandy but what does it have to do with "Fishing in the Forest City"?

Stop changing the subject!! :razz:  :mrgreen:

#35 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Hmmm, see this is a summary of my beliefs: Remy sees it as protection of fish for future generations, I see it as a limit to the sharing of information, when other more effective protection can be put in place... both extremely valid, both have truth. Remy, if I'm wrong, let me know, I'll change my post. :)

What makes people assume that all guest viewers are poachers and people fishing out side the law? :???:

#36 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Stop changing the subject!! :razz:  :mrgreen:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#37 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Bass and other warm water species are like weed while migratory trout and salmon are like heroin. You've been out for the salmonids enough times Remy, you didnt notice a difference in fishing pressure? I'm not going to give away my bass hot spots but if someone wants to its not the end of the world.

Now I will say that there are currently 22 guests viewing the topic :shock:  :shock:  but for the most part people arent going to drive 2 hours to fish the Grand for bass like the would for the salmonids. You have been making alot of these posts in threads and the shoutbox for quite some time now. The mods are on the site daily and have their mandate so if you think a post is breaking the rules just hit the report button at the bottom right and it will get taken care of.

I could be wrong but from my understanding migratory fish are also more susceptible to fishing pressure.. that's why I keep bass occasionally and try not to keep as many trout or any salmon (salmon are useful for meat anyway once theyre in the tribs IMO).  I think its also worth noting that a good sized lake trout can be 20 years old! So migratory fish aren't the only ones that are vulnerable.

#38 BackwoodsBassr

BackwoodsBassr

Perch

• Active Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

This is all fine and dandy but what does it have to do with "Fishing in the Forest City"?

Everything bro...everything

Lol jk point taken dude

#39 navairum

navairum

Sunfish

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Water is crazy high right now, best to stick the ponds if you're really set on getting out.

#40 Sparta

Sparta

Sunfish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for reading the rules. :D Nice and helpful aren't they? I think that's why the admin posted them! Nice guy or girl.

I fish for anything that tugs my line, and as I have mentioned about 1000 times before. That is mostly bass, because most of the info out their is for bass. Like I have mentioned in about 20 posts, is that I am for the sharing of information and having faith in other anglers. You seem have to close minded view to fishing, where it is you against every other angler out there. Hell you probably change a lure when someone walks past you so they don't know what the "hot lure" is that day. Me totally against this, I'll gladly share my lure and hell if I have an extra and their cheap, I might give the sucker one! If he hangs around me and we fish together, I made a friend and he might share some info with me. The close mindedness in trout anglers compared to every other angler specific species is crazy, that's why I don't fish for trout, cause the attitude trout anglers have to a noobie who doesn't have a cp or fly rod if crazy. I have never never never understood not helping a fellow out. I am fed up with people like you who think they can be some vigilante and enforce the rules, when they have no position of power, let the mods take care of it, not a gang of forum bullies. I can't wait for summer when other forums come active cause the attitude towards anything close to a productive conversation here is that it has to be in pms. For example, I cannot understand how people will skip a new members welcome post to reply to a "more popular" one. I personally don't have time to come up with all these long posts, so you'll have to argue with your self...

well said!!!! fishingnoob! i agree with you! im in a same way! i shared infos or even let them try my bait! theres a lot of people out there desperate for help! but too shy to ask! just like me when first started out! lol... but thanks to a lot of nice fellow angler out there! who is not afraid or selfish  and willing to shared their infos and knowledge! and not to mention the etiquette of fishing! i think thats the only way on how to educate people out there! it worked on me!!! lmao. lets preserve fishing by helping  people out there! meaning share our knowledge! and let us not be vigilante or a law enforcer out there! lol....  you cannot prevent people from fishing on your secret hole! but you can help to preserev fishing by sharing and spreading your knowledge out there! thats my suggetions fellow anglers!~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: london