• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 spinnerbaitking

spinnerbaitking

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Another year is coming to an end our 1st 2 Schools have released their/our Salmon & had a Trout Hatchery tour as well as a Kincardine Light House Tour that our Hatchery Manager set up for after they were done with the Salmon Release & Trout Hatchery Tour, Rotary Park had the Washrooms open & Picnic tables out for the Students to use for their Lunch Break also, it was a little bit wet out but it really didn't matter to anyone as that can be a big part of Fishing. 8 more Schools to go & then the Clean up of all the Equipment starts, Time to go fishing soon lol. 
Tight Lines SBK  :cool:

http://lhfcschoolhatcheries.blogspot.ca/2013/04/hillcrest-sacred-heart-school-salmon.html

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Right on man, wish I had an opportunity like that as a kid.  Kick back and relax, it is well deserved. 

#3 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

I too wish I had an opportunity like that! However I remember Grade 6 we had a field trip to a local trout pond witch included time for fishing.

What you're doing is amazing,I grew up with my cottage just down the road in Inverhuron. I would frequent Kincardin and always drive by the hatchery, but it was always closed. It would be neat to see first hand!

#4 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

In kindergarten my class did something similar to that but with chicks. I think it's great that they are getting the kids involved an informed now so that they value the status of our fisheries and our environment.

#5 spinnerbaitking

spinnerbaitking

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

I too wish I had an opportunity like that! However I remember Grade 6 we had a field trip to a local trout pond witch included time for fishing.

What you're doing is amazing,I grew up with my cottage just down the road in Inverhuron. I would frequent Kincardin and always drive by the hatchery, but it was always closed. It would be neat to see first hand!

If your going to be in the area give me some notice & we can maybe make it happen

Tight Lines SBK

#6 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

great job thanks for sharing, as dozer said that would have been a great experience as a kid

#7 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

If your going to be in the area give me some notice & we can maybe make it happen
Tight Lines SBK

I will be come summer time, thanks man! I will send you a message a little closer to some dates I will be around and go from there.