• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cyphus

Cyphus

Sunfish

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Does anyone fish with Nanofil? I've watched a few video's and done some reading, but I'm curious if any of you are using it, and what kind of issue's it has.

Best knots, do you use a leader with it, all that fun stuff!

P.s.: I know that there is another thread about this, but it's 2 years old and I'm sure there's more experience with it now!

#2 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

nano gets ripped up when you get ice on your guides so its not great in the winter. I use it the same way as mono with my floro shot lines and leaders

#3 Clab

Clab

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

So slip bobbers may be risky? How's the abrasion resistance? Bobber may not be an issue, stop knot concerns me. Any experience with them on nanofil?

#4 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Yes nanofil sucks in the winter it freezes and just spins freely on your spool. However Ive been using it and for the warmer weather now and its great. It was made for spinning reels, it doesnt twist like mono and cause birds nests. I use slip bobbers and have had no issue whatsoever, and I just use bobber stops instead of a knot. I dont like using high vis line but made the sacrafice for white and it is much easier to track then regular mono. Also when drfifting I find it much easier to keep the slack off the water.

#5 Clab

Clab

Sunfish

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I was referring to bobber stop knots, not actual knots in my line. Are you talking about plastic bobber stops? Trying to clarify.

#6 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Yeah I was talking about plastic bobber stops, I like them better then a stop knot. All the other stuff is just my observations. All in all I like it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: line, nano, mono, braid, flouro, gear, new, trouble, problems