Photo

Riley Lake Ontario fishing (Muskoka) any good?

Riley Lake Ontario Muskoka Fishing Bass Pike Muskie real estate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CatchandreleaseKyle

CatchandreleaseKyle

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hey there guys,

I'm looking for a new fishing hole with some friends. I've fished multiple lakes in the Muskokas, Kawarthas and Parry Sound (Kahshe Lake and Rice Lake being my favorites). I've heard about Riley Lake in Muskoka being a great cottaging lake but I cannot find much in the way of Fishing info. I've found some official documents but I never truly rely on those.

Anyone out there have some fishing knowledge about Riley Lake that they would be willing to share? All perspectives are appreciated.

I'm an avid Largemouth fisherman and I certainly do not shy away from the odd chance at some Walleye or Pike.

Thanks in advance!

#2 AnglerAnonymous

AnglerAnonymous

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

It's a small lake, I fished it a 4 years ago when I first got my boat. Couple of small Largies and a pike.

Rice kahshe much better lakes

#3 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

It is a great place for camping/cottaging. Small lake. Lots of rock bass, also seen a few bass coming out of the lake. Was there two years ago with my then fiancé, now wife, and it was fun. We did not catch anything big but I should admit I was pretty new to fishing then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Riley Lake, Ontario, Muskoka, Fishing, Bass, Pike, Muskie, real estate