• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Pogue

Robert Pogue

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

So my brother and I went out on the Grand River today up around The cambridge. Now, while we were targerting Pike we got a great surprise. I suddenly got a good tug on the rod and after a good 3 minute fight i landed a surprise brown trout. Anyways, it was great fun and we got plenty of strikes but no other browns.

IMG_08511.JPG

#2 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

congrats on the suprise brownie :cool:

#3 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

So my brother and I went out on the Grand River today up around The cambridge. Now, while we were targerting Pike we got a great surprise. I suddenly got a good tug on the rod and after a good 3 minute fight i landed a surprise brown trout. Anyways, it was great fun and we got plenty of strikes but no other browns.

IMG_08511.JPG

Wow beauty, thats a big resident bown! You should be proud!

#4 Robert Pogue

Robert Pogue

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Wow beauty, thats a big resident bown! You should be proud!

Ya man it was quite a surprise I released it immediately. Let someone else enjoy it when it's bigger!

#5 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Nice fish....gotta love those browns...

#6 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

That is a big brown, well done!

PS. When I click the pic it is sideways, but when I right click on it and click "open link in new tab", it opens properly in another tab and gives a better view. I am using Google Chrome. 

#7 Robert Pogue

Robert Pogue

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Just realized the spot where I caught this trout was on the Speed river. Not the Grand throughout the long weekend I was paddling between the 2 Rivers caught a decent number of pike but the trout was on the Speed river

#8 Robert Pogue

Robert Pogue

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Just realized the spot where I caught this trout was on the Speed river. Not the Grand throughout the long weekend I was paddling between the 2 Rivers caught a decent number of pike but the trout was on the Speed river

#9 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Wow definitely a surprise! Congrats again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grand river, trout, brown, surprise