• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Fish with maple syrup, that solves all the problems on the boards and the issue on the water.

#42 chalkhorse

chalkhorse

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

I understand the need to be discreet when talking about fishing spots, but surely there must be a limit. If you post that Grenadier pond is a spot for carp, I don't think you are letting any big secret out. Likewise Angus and a few more spots for 'certain other fish'. "Everybody" knows about those spots anyway. 

i think conservation areas, provincial and national parks the "paid" ones, are a given when it comes to being able to mention names.  it keeps the sport thriving, helps with conservation budgets and concentrates people in a region that is more geared to handle an influx of people... ie, washrooms, garbages, staff, etc.

#43 golfinseb

golfinseb

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

I 100% agree with not sharing spots. Having lived outside of ontario for 8 yrs and returning home, I find myself consistently getting upset with what I see. I constantly find the white bucket brigade fishing in areas where they were no where to be found before, places where only locals used to know about. I've gone to spots that were once pristine, only to find litter everywhere, fishing line all over the place, and general damage to the surrounding area.

I personally would support the entire sport fishery in Ontario going to 100% c&r for 10yrs. We could rebuild the fishery quickly, and eliminate these people who will keep everything and treat our beautiful fishery as nothing more that a resource to be pillaged. I know most aren't in line with my thinking that we should have a 0 limit, but I don't care. Like everything, once the fish are gone they will not come back, and some slugs will stock fish that have no business being in our waters, because they just ust don't care about our beautiful country and its amazing resources.

#44 chalkhorse

chalkhorse

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

I 100% agree with not sharing spots. Having lived outside of ontario for 8 yrs and returning home, I find myself consistently getting upset with what I see. I constantly find the white bucket brigade fishing in areas where they were no where to be found before, places where only locals used to know about. I've gone to spots that were once pristine, only to find litter everywhere, fishing line all over the place, and general damage to the surrounding area.

I personally would support the entire sport fishery in Ontario going to 100% c&r for 10yrs. We could rebuild the fishery quickly, and eliminate these people who will keep everything and treat our beautiful fishery as nothing more that a resource to be pillaged. I know most aren't in line with my thinking that we should have a 0 limit, but I don't care. Like everything, once the fish are gone they will not come back, and some slugs will stock fish that have no business being in our waters, because they just ust don't care about our beautiful country and its amazing resources.

Very well said!

#45 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Agree, I personally would like to see all C&R all the time in ON...weed out the loogans. The mnr can get all their fine money from people miss handling fish and keeping them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: toronto, 416 fishing, urban fishing, GTA fishing