• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Work beckons again, this time Midland. I will be up there a few days next week. Wondering if anyone can tell me if I can shore fish GB from there, or are there any rivers worth giving a go?

Pms welcome.

Alfie.

#2 Graham Bristow

Graham Bristow

Sunfish

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

The town docks can be fished. Also I think you can walk the shoreline past the cement plant. Also try the why marina area. Good Luck. You could also rent a boat for about $100 bucks from muskies landing and fish around port severn which is about 20 minutes from Midland. www.muskeys.ca

www.ontariomusky.com

#3 chalkhorse

chalkhorse

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hey, Alfie...

There's some all right bass in little late. A few pike, but I wouldn't target the pike. I have heard the lake used to be good for pike, but got fished out.

#4 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hey, Alfie...

There's some all right bass in little late. A few pike, but I wouldn't target the pike. I have heard the lake used to be good for pike, but got fished out.

yup. have fished little lake a few times and always caught bass. but 1.5 lb was the biggest i was catching.

know someone who has a trailer at the campground there and he said he hasn't seen pike there in years but always catches bass but no trophies.

hard to fish from shore though if you're coming in from the park side. very shallow a long way out before it goes deep.

#5 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Thanks guys. It ended up that our customer up there cancelled and we were sent to Howe Island in the 1000 Islands.

The house we worked on was right on the St Lawerence but fishing at lunch time for a half hour would have just been a tease, if I had had a bite or hooked something the river would have been right in front of me all afternoon, but unfishable from where I was working.

Unfortunately also was the fact our motel was in Kingston and as far from the water as you can get in that city. You may have read in another post that 1 of the guys did catch a "hammerhandle", only to have a turtle eat it for dinner off his stringer while we worked the afternoon.

Alfie.

#6 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thanks guys. It ended up that our customer up there cancelled and we were sent to Howe Island in the 1000 Islands.

Alfie.

I was talking to some locals a couple of years ago and they told me that there was excellent fishing right at the western ferry dock, island side.

#7 kabes

kabes

Sunfish

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

I grew up fishing Little Lake quite a bit. Head out to the washing machines and drift for smallies.
Yes washing machines ... they are super old and sit atop large rocks to mark them for boaters.
There are always bass in the area.