1 reply to this topic

#1 dumitru

dumitru

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hello guys,

I'm a fishing newbie. Actually, I went recently for my first fishing and even happened to catch a bass.

My question is, are there any public accesses to the lakes in Muskoka and Kawartha regions? There are so many boasting articles, that Ontario is reach in its water bodies, that you can literally fish anywhere, fishing is great here ... blah-blah-blah.

I went looking for the lakes with free public access throughout Kawartha and Muskoka, but I was surprised that all the lakes are surrounded by the private cottages.  All I could find, were a few small public beaches or the sites for the boat launches. On my first day of fishing I was so tired of driving and searching for the access to the water, that I just stopped at one private dock and started fishing from it.

Look, after watching this video, I felt in love with fishing:

Do we have places like this, with free access to public, 1 to 3 hours driving distance from GTA? Or in this province everything belongs to rich people? 

#2 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Lots on Rice Lake

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lakes, free, access, fishing, public, site, muskoka, kawartha, no cottages