• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ray angler

Ray angler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Have been busy reading this wonderful forum for almost a year now and did just realize that I never introduced myself... So here it goes....

I am semi retired Telecom exec living in Mississauga.  Moved to Canada in 1980 from the Indian Ocean  island used to be known as Ceylon I wish it stayed that way..

Used to fish in the Indian ocean with my dad and uncles in a fishing trawler they had and every weekend I remember they used to go fishing.  When I moved here with the busy work and family never ventured out fishing until last year in the fall.

Have tried my luck mostly from the shore as my wife never likes to get on a boat or go to any ocean beaches since she lost her entire family in the Tsunami.  So have tried several spots from the shore with some luck catching sunfish mostly.  Have hired a guide up in the Parrysound area and have been out about 10 times and had fun catching lots of LM/SM bass, Pike, Walleye, Black Crappie, Perch, and One Musky.  Since none of us eat lake fish at home everything that gets hooked goes back in the lake for another day to be caught again.  (Well one exception I kept the one LM Bass to show to my kids).

I am trying my best to fish from the shore so my wife will come along.  Hope one day she will change her mind and come on the boat so we can buy one and fish more often in the boat.

Here is a list of tackle I have bought so far and any comments would be appreciated...

1.  Shimano Stradic with G Loomis GL2 854 Rod.

2.  Shimano Core with Shimano Crucial Rod.

3.  Shimano Tekota with a Deep sea fishing rod (which if from my dad I kept for memories)..

Sorry for the long winded post and mainly wanted to say hi to everyone and hope to meet many of you while looking for our fishy friends.... 

#2 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to the board ! There seems to be many anglers from your area , and the urban pond section should give you some alternate places to take your wife.

#3 Ray angler

Ray angler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Thanks will look up those places

#4 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Wow what a great introduction! Those are some nice combos. There are a lot of shore fishing opportunities, it's been said but try visiting some of the ponds in the pond project section.

#5 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Welcome!

#6 Ray angler

Ray angler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

•  

Wow what a great introduction! Those are some nice combos. There are a lot of shore fishing opportunities, it's been said but try visiting some of the ponds in the pond project section.

FishingNoob, Thanks.  It is my habbit just buy something decent and it will not let you down. Hope to meet you one day so you can give me a few tips on lures etc.,

#7 Ray angler

Ray angler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Welcome!

Thanks hamiltonangler94..