• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmmartin

jmmartin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I went fishing in the Ontario Reform ponds with my brothers. After about a half hour. i hook a fiesty 22 inch northern. my bother caught a smaller one and he got a nice large mouth. very productive day.  does anyone have any tips for large mouth in the summer from the shore? thanks, jamiepike.jpg

#2 Avid Angler

Avid Angler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just from the background I know exactly where you are. Weird I was just fishing there yesterday. Got skunked though. Mind if I ask what sort of bait you were using for your catches?

#3 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hey jmmartin, I find during the summer especially if it has been a hot day fishing from shore is most productive around 2 hours before sunset for 2 reasons: fish move into the shallows because it starts to cool off around this time, and this is the time I find when they will hit ur lure/ bait more often. As for techniques to use I find if I'm fishing a really hot day and am fishing midday when its the hottest, bass seem to hit more when you slow your lure down a bit, I guess cause they arent as aggressive because of the heat. Just my personal experience, good luck!

#4 AGMartin

AGMartin

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Here is my lil guy for the same trip,

Hey avid, both pikes were on spinner baits

Attached Images

• IMG-20130714-00310.jpg

#5 jmmartin

jmmartin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

strike king mini spinners, they just loved them. so i bought 4 more in different colours. worth a try thats for sure.

#6 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Welcome to the site! From the looks of it, you got a handle on this catching thing. :D