• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pwadm

pwadm

Sunfish

• Administrators
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

We made some changes to make it easier to use the forum and remove duplicate sections. The following forums were merged/moved:

- 'Forum Questions, Suggestions and Feedback' has been moved under the 'Welcome' forum

'Fishing Sales, Bargains and Hot Deals' was merged with 'Buy/Sell/Trade' and moved up under the 'General' section

- 'Ontario Fishing Studies, Documents and Publications' was merged with 'Ontario Fishing News, Issues and Current Events' and moved under 'General Fishing Discussion' forum

- Carp forum has been merged with 'General Fishing Discussion'

#2 siamon

siamon

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

hello if this topic has already been discussed i apologize but i looked and did not find anything but I often dream of my turning my passion and love of fishing into a reality wether it be as a guide, charter  assistant,tournament angler, bait and tackle shops or even manufacturing fishing products and im sure there is other avenues as well.

#3 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

when can we see the private section for people that want to post pics and chat about specific spots etc---am I the only one that wants this? guys--power in numbers man...start typin--we need a section where the world cannot go...period

thanksPWADM

#4 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

when can we see the private section for people that want to post pics and chat about specific spots etc---am I the only one that wants this? guys--power in numbers man...start typin--we need a section where the world cannot go...period

thanksPWADM

Vote #1

#5 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

thanksPWADM

I agree with this, other forums that I am a member of all have "private" sectors. I have stated before I have not been a member very long but I cant believe how openly people talk about specific bodies of water for salmon and trout when the rules clearly state not to do so.

So if people wish to do so there should be a specific "sector" for members only.

Bow Man

#6 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Maybe the salmon and steelhead section and the fishing reports sections could have a minimum post count. Say 100 or so. And they couldn't be all questions and garbage. Actually good stuff. Just a thought

#7 WasagaWader

WasagaWader

Sunfish

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

agreed as well.

This does not even relate to good spots but even news in general about watersheds.

#8 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Install A software that will not let you type any names of places.

#9 pwadm

pwadm

Sunfish

• Administrators
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Few more changes have been made:

- 'The Lodge' was changed to be visible to registered members only. Visitors will not be able to read any of the posted topics there.

- new 'Fly Recipes' subforum was added http://www.ontariofi...14-fly-recipes/

- new 'User Events and OFF Meetups' subforum was added http://www.ontariofi...nd-off-meetups/