9 replies to this topic

#1 Juston.Mack

Juston.Mack

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'll be heading up to Lake Erie this upcoming weekend, more specifically in the Long Point area. Don't have a boat, but was thinking of purchasing a pair of waders sometime this week. Looking for some tip for success, bait and setups to try out, and if anybody has time to PM then maybe a couple of on shore hot spots?

Any info will be much appreciated.

-Juston

#2 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Im assuming you're targeting bass? If so then a boat is pretty necessary. The only thing i think you can catch within shore casting is redear, and if you can find a weedline near shore (very unlikely) you MIGHT get a bass.

#3 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Deer Creek Conservation Area is close and you can fish from shore there. Without a boat, like Catfish said, there aren't many areas to fish. You could try inside marinas , as long as they permit fishing.

#4 Juston.Mack

Juston.Mack

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Thanks guys,

yeah, targeting bass or pike is what I'd like to do. I've got a little tube dingy and some ores and I think i'm going to pick up some waders too. maybe there will be a nearby place where I can rent a canoe or a kayak. I'm all for improvising! Any suggestions on some tackle that's been hot for you this bass season?

#5 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Tubes on Lake Erie and lake erie tribes work wonders for me for smallies.

#6 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'll be heading up to Lake Erie this upcoming weekend, more specifically in the Long Point area. Don't have a boat, but was thinking of purchasing a pair of waders sometime this week. Looking for some tip for success, bait and setups to try out, and if anybody has time to PM then maybe a couple of on shore hot spots?

Any info will be much appreciated.

-Juston

#7 Juston.Mack

Juston.Mack

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

thanks for the heads up! the horseflies have been coming out now too, got eaten alive over the weekend.

#8 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Crankbaits are the top bait for largies there, i have fished them all day long with bites every few casts.

#9 macdonjo

macdonjo

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

There is also a nice pontoon boat for rent on Ordnance Ave near the marina. $200 for a day or something.

Hop on that and go grab the perch out down by the Turkey Point hotel. They are hammering them right now.

#10 Juston.Mack

Juston.Mack

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

thanks guys, heading down there in the morning, got some tubes and a couple crank baits. paddling out on a little blow up raft. should be fun.

good luck everyone this weekend!

happy fishing,

Juston