5 replies to this topic

#1 Kayakfishing

Kayakfishing

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hello everyone,

Im new to the forum and I see there are a lot of experienced people on the forum, I'm sure I will get a chance to learn and enjoy.

We are moving back to Canada in the next few months from UAE. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to bring our (mine and my sons) fishing kayaks along or not. We have a Malibu miniX and Ocean kayak that we use for fishing in the ocean here. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Adeel

#2 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Lots of great kayak fishing opportunities here from deep water lake trout on simcoe, to trolling for monster chinook salmon on the great lakes. If theres water there is use for a kayak.

#3 Kayakfishing

Kayakfishing

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Lots of great kayak fishing opportunities here from deep water lake trout on simcoe, to trolling for monster chinook salmon on the great lakes. If theres water there is use for a kayak.

Thanks for your response. Anyone in this group using sit on top kayaks for fishing?

#4 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

bringing kayaks might cost a lot. might be less headache to buy one here.

i use sot kayak and nado recently got one.

http://www.ontariofi...59-deep-lakers/

#5 Kayakfishing

Kayakfishing

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

bringing kayaks might cost a lot. might be less headache to buy one here.

i use sot kayak and nado recently got one.

http://www.ontariofi...59-deep-lakers/

Efka, Thanks for your response and sharing the link. You are right in terms of shipping cost, hence we'll only bring those if there will be any room in our container being shipped. 

#6 Duncan

Duncan

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

If you have room to fit one or both then it would be a easy decision to make in bringing them as you are paying for the container regardless of how full it is. On the plus side I think you will find if you need to replace one or both kayaks here in Canada then the pricing wil be better than that of the United Emirates for replacing them.
Good luck in packing
Cheers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kayak fishing