• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

I don't even use j13's anymore. They are too pricey. cleos and scylops work just as good. or the storm kicking sticks. looks and moves just like j13's for half the price.

#22 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't even use j13's anymore. They are too pricey. cleos and scylops work just as good. or the storm kicking sticks. looks and moves just like j13's for half the price.

#23 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

that's what I mean rich, a lot of people use j13's that's why a lot of fish are caught on them but there are a lot of lures that will work

and the pocket doesn't hurt much when the salmons take your lure away...

#24 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

and the pocket doesn't hurt much when the salmons take your lure away...

#25 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

well they would be to big for a river but most guys are talking about pier fishing and river mouths, but I think almost anything will work because salmon are not feeding when entering rivers, they hit lures out of aggression and j13's work so well because a couple of guys caught fish with them and they each told 2 guys and they told 2 guys.......in other words most of the lures that salmon see at piers and river mouths are j13's 

Yep----typical fishermen conversation: "The only thing I catch fish on is this little lure here". "Did you try anything else?"---"Nope"!! :mrgreen:  :razz:

#26 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yep----typical fishermen conversation: "The only thing I catch fish on is this little lure here". "Did you try anything else?"---"Nope"!! :mrgreen:  :razz:

#27 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

One lure will always work better than another, even if it's by a slight margin. This is often the case with J-13s late in the season where people everything in their box, yet the J-13's get the most hookups. I don't think it's some crazy coincidence. It's worth experimenting though because there's probably other lures out there that'll work just as well on a given day.

#28 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Contest

I will take the J-13 and someone next to me throw the cleos. I bet The J-13 are the most productive. I have days when they would only hit j-13s.

Just ask Mikey Mikey :mrgreen: . Also I have noticed that the J-13 produce bigger fish.

Jose

#29 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Contest

I will take the J-13 and someone next to me throw the cleos. I bet The J-13 are the most productive. I have days when they would only hit j-13s.

Just ask Mikey Mikey :mrgreen: . Also I have noticed that the J-13 produce bigger fish.

Jose

its not the size....its about numbers..  an besides, i got 25lber on 3/4oz cleo.  i;ve also got a 30lb+ on a pink power worm

#30 Icehut

Icehut

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Lure, schmure. It's more about getting something in front of a fish that is actually on the feed.

We worry way too much about patterns. Some of the best fly fishers out there use scraggly lil' things that look like belly button lint.

Crankbaits are fine but they sure don't cast as far as 3/4 ounce of steel.

#31 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Some of the best fly fishers out there use scraggly lil' things that look like belly button lint.

#32 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

We worry way too much about patterns. Some of the best fly fishers out there use scraggly lil' things that look like belly button lint..

My favourite bait. It stays on the hook well too.