• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Was a successful week of fishing at the cottage with the folks all around, we all caught our limit and the wee one finally got a fish worth keeping and keeping her interestedin fishing! Haliburton area FTW!

All fish were caught trolling between 15 and 40 feet, using rattlin raps, mepps and jointed raps with the occasional caught from shore with minnows dropped 150 yards out. Most are lakers but you can probably pick out the Kingscote if you know what to look for. Some good eating to be done soon.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 22.JPG

photo edit 2.jpg

photo edit 3.jpg

photo edit 4.png

photo edit.jpg

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Very cool patternless fish ya got there Mr. ;)  What are you using to get your baits down where you want them?  Thanks for the report, makes me feel all warm inside

#3 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Honest just varying with verrrrry little weights... General trolling depth with the mepps is 15 feet without a sinker I believe.

It isn't often you catch a 9 person limit in 4 days... makes me wish we had rainbows instead of lakers... could have got twice the fish lol

Ya that was  is new to me, they've been stocking them for the past 3 seasons. Unfortunately with the flooding this year apparently a horde of the newly stocked ones got over the dam and into the neighboring lake lol

#4 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Nice fish man

Just keep in mind that the 'limit' does not have to be taken. Releasing once in a while is what we all should do :smile:

#5 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Oh yes it motherloveing does!

The thousands paid in property taxes every year means I'll keep any and every darn fish from that lake I want. I release my fish 358 days a year but that other week I keep enough to fill my limit, my girlfriends limit, my grandma's limit and anyone else who happens to be there and not fishing themselves.

Just lucky that the laker limit is not like the rainbow/speckle or else I'd have coolerS full. LT limits - Sport is 2 and Conservation is 1

#6 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Nothing wrong with keeping a fish or two, my comment might have come off a bit harsh.

Too all their own, Looks like a good time bro.

#7 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Gentlemen, lets not let this get out of hand.  The man had a great weekend spent with family, making memories and having fresh fish.  No harm done. 

#8 despotiko

despotiko

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

LOL champ!

#9 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

The thousands paid in property taxes every year means I'll keep any and every darn fish from that lake I want. I release my fish 358 days a year but that other week I keep enough to fill my limit, my girlfriends limit, my grandma's limit and anyone else who happens to be there and not fishing themselves.

Just lucky that the laker limit is not like the rainbow/speckle or else I'd have coolerS full. LT limits - Sport is 2 and Conservation is 1

I personality practice C&R but i hear you my man. There is nothing wrong keeping fish every now and then. it is you government giving right :)

#10 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

The thousands paid in property taxes every year means I'll keep any and every darn fish from that lake I want. I release my fish 358 days a year but that other week I keep enough to fill my limit, my girlfriends limit, my grandma's limit and anyone else who happens to be there and not fishing themselves.

Great idea!

#11 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

#12 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Keep your limit from time to time! Good on ya.

Catfish you need to stop pushing your ways. "what we all should do"? Are you kidding me. Maybe what we "all should do" is ....I am going to stop while I am ahead..........fill in the blanks.

LOL

#13 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Keep your limit from time to time! Good on ya.

Catfish you need to stop pushing your ways. "what we all should do"? Are you kidding me. Maybe what we "all should do" is ....I am going to stop while I am ahead..........fill in the blanks.

LOL

Great job at helping the environement bro!

EDIT: GT, keeping your limit is a wonderful idea to do it from time to time! Gotta love mass fish eating

#14 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Great job at helping the environement bro!

EDIT: GT, keeping your limit is a wonderful idea to do it from time to time! Gotta love mass fish eating

OMG like, are you like, kidding me bro? I love a good trout from time to time. If you wanna stop me, try. I dare you. double dog dare you.

#15 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

OMG like, are you like, kidding me bro? I love a good trout from time to time. If you wanna stop me, try. I dare you. double dog dare you.

What do you expect me to do, go to your house, whip the fish off your frying pan and flush them down the toilet?

#16 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

#17 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Oh Oh, it's getting serious, the double dog dare, what's left but the triple dare you and finally the coup de gras of all dares the sinister triple dog dare you :lol:

Im lost

#18 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Im lost

#19 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

from the movie Christmas Story when one guy dares the other guy to stick his tongue on the pole? Best Christmas movie ever

Lol

#20 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well I know my and possibly others comments can cross a line from time to time. Sorry BearinTheWoods, hope we can still wet a line sometime up in Hallie