• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Absolutely. I didn't take any offense... I'm abrasive by nature, so my reply may have seemed like offense was taken.

This has gotten way out of hand since I last saw it.

Like I said, I practice C & R 358 days a year (unless there is a week of ice fishing too) and I don't keep a fish from a lake that isn't "overly" abundant. My lake is stocked bi-annually with 5000 trout and we have just over 50 cottages on it... so suffice to say there is no shortage. I've always lived in the GTA but never kept a fish outside Haliburton. I follow rule and regs and obey limits.
I also grew up in a household where meat & fish was seldom paid for though so keeping a fish legally doesn't offend me.

And if some pictures of trout being prepared for the freezer and dinner table offends you so much I'm sure you'll find this equally offensive and would like to ensure that the below non-licensed fisher is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

bear.png

#22 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

All I see is a fishy ass lol. Alright it's cool now man

#23 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Oh Oh, it's getting serious, the double dog dare, what's left but the triple dare you and finally the coup de gras of all dares the sinister triple dog dare you :lol:

Thanks for the laugh buck. Nice to see some of us don't take the site 100% seirously 100% of the time ;)

#24 apz245

apz245

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

great report man, nice fish!

just got into fishing for lakers myself, and haven't had any luck in summer, i'm amazed that you can catch them in 15-20 fow in august, in my lake they're 100 feet down right now.

am i missing something? 

#25 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

My lake is quite populated, that might help. Go out any day any time and catch at least 1. Most were caught at 15 to be honest and early evening

Lake trout are also the dominant species in my lake. How far north are you?

#26 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

And if some pictures of trout being prepared for the freezer and dinner table offends you so much I'm sure you'll find this equally offensive and would like to ensure that the below non-licensed fisher is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

attachicon.gifbear.png

:lol:

#27 zvonmonet

zvonmonet

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

from the movie Christmas Story when one guy dares the other guy to stick his tongue on the pole? Best Christmas movie ever

:)