• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fishy_slayer

fishy_slayer

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

For all you ladies and gents fishing the rivers this time of year water levels have been high. I fish the grand river by brantpark. Only 2 weeks the river has been at its normal summer time low. Some fishers say they loved the low water levels because the pools hold the fish ,as to high water levels kind of spreads the fish out. I believed this theroy for a while but when the river is always high and you want to go fishing you have to make due. So yes the large pools that held fish in low conditions are usually to fast in high water. Heres where you need to look.spawning grounds.these can be shallow spots where bass spawn...so usually ddied up..but in high watar levels these can offer a fish a rest and a bite to eat.find those spots just off the fast water where fish can ambush their prey.Eddies close to shore are great places to look.i have caught soms big fish with a 15 foot cast along side the river bank. The high water pushes them to the edge.so nextime you.fhink the river is to high remember these tips.

Attached Images

• 1095024_10153108720830182_491734063_n.jpeg

#2 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

thanks, ive been skunked everytime i head to the river hopefully i remember this