6 replies to this topic

#1 Drop_Shot

Drop_Shot

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Is that project still a go?

It's a shame how this city frowns upon the recreational angler...

I've been fishing in pleny of major urban centers from Windsor, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax, Buffalo, and the fishing opportunities in those city are endless.

#2 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Im not from Toronto, but I feel bad for you guys because it seems u get harrased alot just for casting out a line. Just be grateful that we have so much fishable water around us. We are in the middle of the great lakes with countless tribs branching off. And with thousands of lakes to our north with a variety of fish species our fishing opportunities are endless :)

#3 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Honestly we all know the reason it has become an issue for us to cast our lines in certain areas. Less educated fishermen get their licenses and head out and keep everything they catch AND they like to leave their Sh*t EVERYWHERE. It really is too easy to get a license. I have stopped fishing locally with the exception of one private lake that I have access too(where people still creep onto the property and fish without permit).

#4 Icehut

Icehut

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Blame the retarded politicians, who don't ever get out of their business suits, let alone know how to work a fishing rod.

They have a spectacular resource under their very noses, yet they piss on it.

Letting people line every foot of lakefront with houses was insane, it's ridiculously difficult for somebody new to town to find access to put in a yak on a weekend.

Every lot is full... only in Toronto.

#5 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

First time hearing this. Where is this pier suppose to be located?

#6 Drop_Shot

Drop_Shot

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

They're looking at different site...

I remember as a kid, there was a pier you could fish, and we'd catch bullhead, drum, perch, white perch... lot's of species,, but since that time it's all been downhill !

#7 Drop_Shot

Drop_Shot

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

First time hearing this. Where is this pier suppose to be located?

Here's the article about it...

http://www.torontosu...r-on-waterfront