• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

sorry for the double post but I also wanted to mention that my first instinct is not too take there stuff or hurt them I just want them to own up to what they have done if they tried to hide the fact of what they were doing they obviously knew they were wrong If the guy in my case would have just given me the same respect I had given him by not thinking im an idiot I would of let him take his rod but since he decided to play games with me I like to have fun and play games to.

#42 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

I hear you completely and often times it takes every ounce of self control to not cuss people out.

I just think about my son or fiance getting hurt bc I was trying to defend a fishing spot. That most times in every walk of life is enough for me to turn and walk away. Let the authorities handle or in this case get it to it.

This day in age there are too many goons out there with access to too many weapons. Right from fishers carrying a pocket/fillet knife to a bully club to "kill the fish quickly" all of this weights on my mind when someone casts over me, or infringes on my space. Myself I carry a pocket knife its always in the BACK pocket of my vest. It is strictly for cleaning fish, its in my back pocket so it is not easily accessible therefore cannot be taken the wrong way.

Imagine someone who is knife happy? Crazy life, sure but is it worth it over a couple fish? saying you have no issue dieing is one thing but that leads into a whole other conversation about how selfish that sounds. You must have someone who your absense would effect.

Its stupid I am going off on all this, but I urge people to think twice before approaching people and pushing them or buckets into water. Is it really worth it?

#43 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

MNR hotline.  Too many stories out there - better safe than sorry.

#44 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

I am in no way trying to side with poachers but I have to ask the question.

Have some of you lost your minds?

You are most likely in the middle of no where. you go against 3 guys, I don't care how big, small or race. What if they had a gun? A knife, or bashe dyou head in with a rock?

Exercise some common sense. Is anything worth you putting yourself in dangers way? Call the MNR/OPP whatever it is.. You never know what the other person may posses.

What if those 3 guys were ninjas? And they left you paralyzed at the rivers edge, then a bear ate you! LOL

I am going really far off but is it really worth more than a WTF are you doing? I know I wouldnt be causing issue with people in secluded areas.

I have thought about the issue of being outnumbered many times, it is them having a weapon that stops me from acting. Most people fishing have got a knife on them. I have been stabbed years ago and it really really really hurts lol. I have also seen an incident between a group of men fighting because they were fishing too close in a strong current and the lines kept getting tangled. A guy from the one group went to his truck and grabbed a Rifle. No one got shot, at least im sure. I pulled my line in and got the hell out of there

And that is nuts Dropshot how that MNR officer was just chillin on his phone. Its nuts how our money pays for that.

#45 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have thought about the issue of being outnumbered many times, it is them having a weapon that stops me from acting. Most people fishing have got a knife on them. I have been stabbed years ago and it really really really hurts lol. I have also seen an incident between a group of men fighting because they were fishing too close in a strong current and the lines kept getting tangled. A guy from the one group went to his truck and grabbed a Rifle. No one got shot, at least im sure. I pulled my line in and got the hell out of there.

ROFL! He pulled out a rifle?!

#46 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Some of these people out now-a-days are nuts! A rifle thats insane.

MNR- there could be more to that story, he coulda been onna break, lunch, he coulda been verifying someones info. The same waht I can make friends at work I am sure others could do the samel. Who knows, but to knock someone without knowing the full story just leads to issues.

#47 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yea man, it was pretty scary. Im not a hunter and I dont know guns, but this thing was long and had a scope. I know he was a french guy for sure because a guy in the other group was making slurs about frenchman to them, and I herd stories about u frenchman;). My adrenaline was pumping and I wasnt even involved.

#48 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

wait wait, you can fish in those ponds? last time I was there, I didnt see or get anything.

#49 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yes sir you can fish them. Carp, Catfish and Bass. I dont  know how to post a photo on this forum but if you check my gallery I got a pic of the biggest bass I got out of there.

#50 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

--hahah we have own all your businesses..lol we have all your money hhaha--our 11 year old son is driving AMG---you have no fish---umm these threads are as futile Rob ford...

#51 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

--hahah we have own all your businesses..lol we have all your money hhaha--our 11 year old son is driving AMG---you have no fish---umm these threads are as futile Rob ford...

I have no clue what you are saying.

#52 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes sir you can fish them. Carp, Catfish and Bass. I dont  know how to post a photo on this forum but if you check my gallery I got a pic of the biggest bass I got out of there.

Oh ok, will try again next week.

Last time I was there (April), I put worms under a bobber, and didnt even get a single bite in 20 min. I assumed there were no fish in those ponds.

#53 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

forget it.

#54 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

I don't understand this at all except the rob ford thing. LOL it's hilarious but true!

#55 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

I personally don't let fear control me I know what my limits and stay within them agreed I don't know what others are capable of but I know what im capable of.  as far as somebody missing me the fish maybe cuz they wont get fed anymore.

#56 fishy_slayer

fishy_slayer

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

I have this one fish killer in my town. For some reason he fishes for bass in a trench coat and every pic i see of this guy on facebook..he has a stringer full of bass..i messaged him asking what he does with the bass..he said he just throws them out..i told him i am calling the authoritys..he said you cant i hsve a status card..so frustrating

#57 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

So if I told you I shoveled the snow in my driveway in a speedo and knew santa clause, would you believe me?
Call the authorities and tell em what you know. If nothing comes of it at least you tried.

#58 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

no I wouldn't believe u cuz santa clause is a fat white dude and well ur pic says different

#59 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

I have met you---I totally believe you.

#60 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

oh my bad u said know santa clause not u r him anyways hav fun shovelling ur driveway in a speedo