• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

My dollarama has these types of spoons too. Wasnt sure how to use them, and they were quite small so i passed on them

#22 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

oh, nice........I guess I dont need those since I dont ice fish

#23 jmmartin

jmmartin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Ifound out by chance taking my son to the dollar store. i almost crapped my pants and after trying them i agree. It's hard to buy a $5 the olny thing with the hard baits is the hooks cross up all the time but you can't beat 5 steel leaders for a buck haha love it. great post

#24 Porkpie

Porkpie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

My dollarama has these types of spoons too. Wasnt sure how to use them, and they were quite small so i passed on them

Those are a copy of an ACME castmaster spoon. Excellent for vertical jigging on open water, or for ice fishing! Grab yourself some for winter!

#25 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

IMG_01631.jpg

New jointed deep diver cranks. Bought one out of impulse. Going to try it out later.

#26 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

IMG_01631.jpg

New jointed deep diver cranks. Bought one out of impulse. Going to try it out later.

I have one they don't work very well at all, the head shakes but the rest of the body stays motionless.

#27 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I have one they don't work very well at all, the head shakes but the rest of the body stays motionless.

really? mine moves pretty fluid.....still havnted wet it so dont know but it looks pretty good. Maybe yours was a bad one. Its a dollarama lure so dont expect every one to work :P

#28 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Nice find. I don't trust their Jerkbaits but I would be willing to give one of the jointed ones a shot. 

#29 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

took my jointed crank down to a local creek to see the action. was pretty good. I can slow the retrieve to a snails pace and it would still wiggle pretty nicely

#30 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

I think Dollarama spoons & plugs are ok over all especially on price but I'd change the hooks if you're fishing for trophy Pike, Muskie, Lakers or Salmon to a better brand name hook!

#31 hammercarp

hammercarp

Perch

• Active Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

I found all kinds of stuff useful to a carp angler. Here is one strictly for laughs. A carpy steering wheel cover. 

IMG_20130921_164231 (800x778).jpg

#32 jmmartin

jmmartin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

i ove the dollarama, steal leaders for a dollare up to 30 lbs, no to mention the poppers and spinners. i will never buy aset l=of leaders for more than a buck. lmao

#33 theyoungfisherman

theyoungfisherman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

i saw this at dollarama near port credit. i might get some in a different colour

usernamehere, where did u find those jointed cranks? i cant find them anywhere near me

jmmartin, where did u find the poppers? i think i saw them somewhere, but i didnt like the colour.

if i would buy the above, would they work for bass. If anyone know which lures i could buy in dollarama for springtime bass. 

Attached Images

• spinnerbait.jpg

#34 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

check it out at No Frills, they are selling lures, spinners, cranks there too! 

#35 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I have a dollarama right next to me house, and 2 on my way to university. The one next to my house has all the fancy spoons and topwater frogs. The 2 en-route to uni is where I find jointed cranks.

All dollarama iv visited has a huge selection of surface poppers. from 2-5" long. I havnt tried one yet though. The spinnerbait in the picture is also very common, although the blade selection varies greatly between stores. Iv seen colorado, willow, indiana, fluted willow/indiana, and some odd shaped ones I cant name.

@theyoungfisherman: Not sure if you want to rive for an hour to north york just for dollarama lures

@Lure: which no frills is this?

#36 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lures at No Frills is so random.  People might confuse the swimbaits as food.

Here are some lures at my local Dollarama...

1zwtix.jpg

2ymelhc.jpg

They also stock them in different colours.

Here's my Dollarama lures that I bought when I started fishing back in June...

htd3z4.jpg

I still haven't caught anything with them.

I could see the popper working but I dont trust the crankbaits.  Some of them dont even wiggle.

The one in my tackle box just swims straight.  I also find them to rust very fast.  I threw away a spinnerbait and a crankbait due to rusting.

#37 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

They rust easily yes, try those out in Niagara, the strong current might make those lures spin & rattle.

#38 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

I have a dollarama right next to me house, and 2 on my way to university. The one next to my house has all the fancy spoons and topwater frogs. The 2 en-route to uni is where I find jointed cranks.

All dollarama iv visited has a huge selection of surface poppers. from 2-5" long. I havnt tried one yet though. The spinnerbait in the picture is also very common, although the blade selection varies greatly between stores. Iv seen colorado, willow, indiana, fluted willow/indiana, and some odd shaped ones I cant name.

@theyoungfisherman: Not sure if you want to rive for an hour to north york just for dollarama lures

@Lure: which no frills is this?

Hwy 410/Queens

#39 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I would probably replace the hooks on Dollarama stuff. Not like I would be spending ridiculous amounts of money on hooks, but still better than those.

#40 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Good price on floats...anyone ever try them before?

zvc6j4.jpg