Photo

So who here got booted out from Port Credit this morning?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

August 25th, anyone else at Port Credit pier and asked by police to leave the park or face a $400 fine?    Because park IS closed from 11pm to 7am, technically.

http://www.citynews....m-lake-ontario/

I assume this is the cause and will possibly see patrols around there during closed hours for next few days? or longer?  Other locations to be enforced?

Oh yeah... all those people walking by multiple trash cans but not bothering to take their garbage isn't helping either. (not sure how lazy you need to be do such things but I can imagine how nasty your home is).

So yeah anyways...

Tonight before the storm should be good.

Bye.

#2 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

My buddies were there and had to leave.  They were there when the dude fell into the lake.  Poor guy. They even warned him earlier that he was too close to the edge. 

#3 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

yep yep yep this is not cool  my condolences to the family but this is bad timing for us.  and thankfully I left before every body was asked to leave

#4 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Just fish further west instead or go east.

#5 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

My condolences to the family also.

I just got on the highway and receiving IM's from fellow board members about the situation. So I took a detour.

Main reason they had that pier closed for a while and I bet after this they will close it agin.

Would not be surprised with the extra patrols to enforce the by law.

#6 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

anyone read the regs for this site?-

#7 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

remy we know leave it alone this is an important issue

#8 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ya remy nows probably not the best time to complain about naming trips. Didn't hear anything on the news but I'm guessing someone fell in and lost their lives?! Condolences to the family

#9 getin

getin

Perch

• Active Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Really sad to hear this. Condolonces to the family.
Was the guy fishing? From personal experinces I know we can underestimate or neglect the risks when that urge for adrenaline hits.

#10 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

terrible stuff

#11 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Sounds like this happened on the line of rocks that reaches out into the lake. It's not exactly a good place to fall off of when under the influence of alcohol.

#12 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

sorry guys, sad for the family but as soon as I hear alcohol I have little sympathy

#13 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

sorry guys, sad for the family but as soon as I hear alcohol I have little sympathy

I agree its hard to feel sorry for someone who took the risk of being drunk on those rocks especially when its stories like this that made it harder for us to fish these areas with more pressure from park security and police but we kinda gotta roll with it cuz for the most part everytime they have talked to me as soon as I told them I was fishing they have never bothered me and even wished me luck and a nice day.

#14 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

oh se he was drinking eh ? i just feel bad for the family and any kids if he had any 

#15 RonnieTO

RonnieTO

Sunfish

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Now what am I going to do.... I just bought a load of Glow Cleo's in anticipation of doing the night shift

#16 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

seen these kids last night. 2 guys 2 girls, my buddy told them not to stand close to the edge they didn't listen. We went on to fish an hour later cops came up to us told us one of the kids drowned and they shut down the park. Standing to close to edge and drinking, i swear these kids don't use common sense. This is not the first time i seen this there are always kids down there after 11 messing around and doing stupid shi*. Now the rest of us who just like to relax and fish for a few hours pay the price for someone stupidity.

#17 Bug_Slinger

Bug_Slinger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

feel bad for the guy's family... but it takes only one bad apple to ruin it for the bunch of us. Me on the other hand had a blast last night after having a few beers, chucking/loosing a couple to many glowing spoons in the process... sigh  :oops: :oops:

#18 markhamfisher

markhamfisher

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

Arrived there 03:00am after 1 hr drive from markham, had to leave hr later.

#19 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Would appreciate a report from this location of you are/were there this morning.... add to if there are patrols monitoring these location.

I am sure there always are as many do not know about the situation.

#20 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Thats sad that the kid lost thier life. I think I might be going against the grain here. I am glad they close the park over night. Many resons for this however top of the list would be. Has anyone been down to PC in the daytime? The area has slowly turned into a crack town. Homeless people, dirty, not well maintained unless you are near snug harbour.

The other is all these fishermen at night, the fish have no chance of making it into the rivers. Large amounts of fishermen and women overnight in the parks. Even for a bit, I am sure the park can make a turn around.