• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#1 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

so we have had some intrest in a gathing of the fly fishers to hunt some steel i dont mind planing it but as has been said its got to be a large enough trib that those of us on the spey can fish i have a few rivers in mind i will work on a date in the coming weeks as i have to get some stuff sorted out with work im opening this to manily those of us on the fly but if anyone whose interested to try fly fishing and want to try it pm and i will see what i can do we did something like this last year but opened it up to the whole forum and i thank chase for putting that together and i will have questions for him but as for now im looking at keeping it to those of us on the fly just to keep it easy so put up ideas and stuff i have a couple rivers in mind for us to try so im hoping to get this to happen so send me ideas please

#2 WasagaWader

WasagaWader

Sunfish

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

I am in for sure.

#3 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

ok so lets toss around some dates here is my two cents

2nd weekend in October

west trib-

day trip--

#4 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

mad..lets make a cutoff date for the list of this Friday of who wasn't to come--them move this convo with those people to PM so we can discuss finer details in private.good idea?

#5 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

that would be oct 11th weekend I believe--gotta be on a Saturday so we can sleep sunday...

#6 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

I might give it another week but ya there has to be a cutoff date I will think about that

#7 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

good idea. by a certain date you will have a list of people to PM and we ca get this thing running-I see rob reading this thread--maybe wilsons ca get in their with a few goodies---join us on the waterat minimum get the name out there.,,,maybe a few hats..marketing at its finest..Rob?

#8 WasagaWader

WasagaWader

Sunfish

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

As for location what about the section of the Grand where the Spey Clave is slated for?  I do not know the section but assume it will be well suited for a larger group as well as spey casting.

#9 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I've got a couple rivers in mind but I will put it out there when I get a soils number of people interested I won't put where it will end up happening in an open thread as not to name rivers and remy Id never ask rob or Wilson's so sponsor this. This is just a bunch of people getting out. Also I was reading there log yesterday witch is not a infrequent thing you all should read it but they have alot of events coming up getting people ready for steelhead and guided trips they stay at a b&b with the guide sounds like it would be a blast just for me now it would break my bank lol

#10 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

I will have a extra spey rod with me to so any one who attends this outting can give it a try I am by no means an expert but can show. You the basics

#11 flyBones

flyBones

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

definitely a beginner here but would love to tag along to learn a few things from the more experienced folk!

#12 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

ok so lets toss around some dates here is my two cents

2nd weekend in October

west trib-

day trip--

going to have to pick a date based on when the run starts.....no sense showing up to a river that has no steel in it

#13 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

that would be oct 11th weekend I believe--gotta be on a Saturday so we can sleep sunday...

can't do saturdays,so that puts me out right away

#14 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm in but it's gotta be a weekend if that's possible

#15 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Jmatt will talk a Sunday could work I'm still looking for interest but ya some time in October for sure

#16 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

I will go anytime and I will also offer my spey rod for people that wanna fire a fly out of a cannon .....

#17 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Oh I suppose I could grace you gents with my presence. Let me know dates.

#18 riverhugger

riverhugger

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I am in, I think if it was planned like last years outing over a few days it gives more people options of meeting up. Not everyone is a 9-5 sissy... :P

#19 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

im in too if I can make the date. Maybe try some of the tricks I learned for Atlantics on the east coast to snag into my first great lakes steelhead on the fly.

#20 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

lol i think im gonna have to up my 6wt