• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 theyoungfisherman

theyoungfisherman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

can you guys read my other topic about the swimbait and give me feedback, thanks

#42 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

I yearn for more knowledge.. I read, read, read, everyday..
Your post speaks for itself.

dude I read and yearn for more knowledge as well, but can we call it a truce and give it up there's no sense in arguing

#43 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

He asked you what tank in florida. Which BPS. Just to clarify!

oh, the one near Disneyland can't remember the name. It's 5mins or less away from the entrance

#44 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

oh, the one near Disneyland can't remember the name. It's 5mins or less away from the entrance

Orlando one then.

#45 justdriftin

justdriftin

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

dude I read and yearn for more knowledge as well, but can we call it a truce and give it up there's no sense in arguing

Not an argument from my end.. I am just stating fact. Golf courses are private property. End of story.. If you were to take the time to read the regulations surrounding such properties, perhaps you would understand what your rights are.

#46 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Not an argument from my end.. I am just stating fact. Golf courses are private property. End of story..

This sums the topic up perfectly.

#47 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Golf courses are off limits...beyond those boundaries...are simply not and as a frequent hiker...I have found a lot of nice pools around golf courses...not inside the golf courses. But if you insist...word of advice...leave your waders at home and...suit up!

maar02_style_for_dummies.jpg

#48 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

I fish at the GOLF COURSE. But i am the member of particular Golf/country club :)  I will take my golf clubs and my fishing rod at the same time :)))

#49 Drop_Shot

Drop_Shot

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

I'm pretty sure you can't.. ! Although I do remember an Real Fishing episode where Bob Izumi was fishing a golf course, and encouraged it.. LOL  .. SO i don't know fully...

#50 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

I've worked at a golf course before. And theyre were 3 ponds full of bass and sunnies and I wasn't even allowed to fish out of it. :D The only place where I fish "in" a golf course is that there is a creek going through it full of rock bass and smallies and the occasional pike. But the creek is not owned by the golf course so it's legal.

#51 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Golf courses are off limits...beyond those boundaries...are simply not and as a frequent hiker...I have found a lot of nice pools around golf courses...not inside the golf courses. But if you insist...word of advice...leave your waders at home and...suit up!

maar02_style_for_dummies.jpg

I'll take some Y with that

#52 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'll take some Y with that

lol which one

#53 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

You can fish golf courses..... .If you suit up at night and hop some fences, ninja style. Im sure you will get in crap if you get caught, but sometimes the thrill is worth the risk........The good old days of being a teenager. And no...im not condoning trespassing Lol

#54 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yup thats the only way lol.

#55 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

alright guys lets not encourage illegal behaviour here such as trespassing although tempting not the best idea. 

But if u happen to do it and u see flashing lights run,lol just kidding u can always use the no English as a backup it seems to work for others.

#56 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

alright guys lets not encourage illegal behaviour here such as trespassing although tempting not the best idea. 
But if u happen to do it and u see flashing lights run,lol just kidding u can always use the no English as a backup it seems to work for others.

lol no English and jump in a deep pool and swim with the fish

#57 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Or break out a golf club and pull the I didn't know the hours thing

#58 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

bring a straw as a breathing tube just in case lol

#59 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

As a teener, I used to work part time landscaping in a golf course with a creek running through it. We usually start the clean up on april (right before the trout season opens) Not so much work to be done yet by that time. just cleaning up old branches and stuff. And honestly the trout runs way way earlier than it opens...every break time I just scout out the creeks outside the fences and yes right beyond the "no tresspassing"sign. I'm not sure if all golf courses are the same but the water is usually shallow inside the golf course and deep pools on both ends it was pretty hidden that it was only me and 2 kids fishing simple worm and bobber on rainbows. I hope i'm not giving away too much info...

#60 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

for clarification... if you enter a river from a public place and wade the river through to the part where it's on a private golf course, then they can't ask you to leave correct? since the course can't own the water.

i was watching the canadian open on tv this year at glen abbey and also drove by there that weekend since i'm always in oakville. i saw all the people walking and shuttling to the course and then i thought about something. what if you waded the river, which is shallow there, down to the course and watched golf for free?

you would get so many dirty looks from event staff but also get laughs from some people. might even end up on tv. and to top if all off, what if you actually casted a line right while PGA guys were play the hole right next to you?