• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

Here is a CP that was put together for a few bucks.  The gentleman who fishes it chases musky with lures he makes.

23d731eb-19e9-4761-8a1e-28aeb195c447_zps

that thing is bigger than the trout i catch with my pin lol, im using the cheap ukraine one lol 

#42 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

ron-thompson-ontario-centrepin-1000-reel

ron-thompson-ontario-centrepin-1000-reel

Amundson reel...I think Ron has been trolling...

http://amundson.ca/g...combo_2012.html

#43 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

LoL @ the haters... I think you all got it backwards.. A CP actually has a purpose, unlke a fly reel which is simply used to hold line.. (Lived out west, swung my fair share)

Remyboy, I always see you bagging on CP's.. I'm guessing that you were never able to use one successfully so you switched to the newest fad, which is Fly Fishing.. .It's the new Golf. :)

You're late by some decades brother....that would have been the case just after the release of "A River Runs through It"

#44 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

We "bag" on drifters because

(with the exception of some rock solid drift anglers, and conservationists on this forum)

they're a pain in the ass on the rivers

cc

#45 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

the new RSG reel.

15142ba7-e848-49d5-b1cb-ceee9549605c.jpg

and can't forget the angling specialties reels, They look great, I ended picking one up and love it so far.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17642&stc=1&

Ron definitely puts up some PRIMO engineering...though he hasn't yet surpassed (nor anyone else for that matter) his TURBINE...

Nice grab btw CJ...!!

#46 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

I'll retire to my elitist sub forum now

:cool: 

#47 justdriftin

justdriftin

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

You're late by some decades brother....that would have been the case just after the release of "A River Runs through It"

You didn't see the explosion of interest as you have recently with the advent of fishing based cable networks.. It's been the lastest thing for the past couple of years.. sorry, but it's true.

#48 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'll retire to my elitist sub forum now

:cool:

lies!

#49 justdriftin

justdriftin

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

(with the exception of some rock solid drift anglers, and conservationists on this forum)

cc

You mean unlike the 1000's of "fly fishermen" who seem to be snagging machines along the most popular of meat factories..

I will take pictures this year and post them up here... Most of the meat hunters have now switched to Fly setups.. they feel like elitists.. LoL!

#50 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

cc

same goes for 75% of the swingers who dont have a clue and lift fish all day lol. It seems to be quite rare to come across a fly guy who actually does it properly like yourself.

And Rem calm down mon frere, gotta take it if ur gonna dish it....u started it! lol

#51 justdriftin

justdriftin

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

great..fyi--the newest fad has been around for centuries....if you think CP didn't become the newest fad last year --wake up walking around with cool fly looking gear but being able to stand there and watch a bag of mulch go by doesn't exactly take a degree in engineering..and i did CP and i did not enjoy it--so take a joke--if you cant please post your response on your fridge or something ...so i don't have to sleep through it.

I was told to you ask you.. -Catch a real fish yet?

LMFAO! It's funny that I was right on the $..

#52 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I was told to you ask you.. -Catch a real fish yet?

LMFAO! It's funny that I was right on the $..

why not keep this on topic instead trying to intentially derail it

#53 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

You mean unlike the 1000's of "fly fishermen" who seem to be snagging machines along the most popular of meat factories..

I will take pictures this year and post them up here... Most of the meat hunters have now switched to Fly setups.. they feel like elitists.. LoL!

cool brah

post 'em up

can't wait

#54 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Think we've pretty much exhausted this thread...except for my old friend Robb...who fabricates the much vaunted Frogwater reel (thing of beauty)...

#55 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

same goes for 75% of the swingers who dont have a clue and lift fish all day lol. It seems to be quite rare to come across a fly guy who actually does it properly like yourself.

And Rem calm down mon frere, gotta take it if ur gonna dish it....u started it! lol

I am calm--mon frère...unlike the minions who think this is the real world I am aware its JUST a forum...

#56 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

NADO maybe you can flex your newly found internet muscle and tell justdriftin to do just that..

#57 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

I enjoy both the pin and fly

#58 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yup river55 many of those about as well. I'm a fourth generation float guy...that's right, my great grandfather fished a 20' bamboo pole trotting the canals of the old country. Something far more satisfying for some to fish the fly...to each his own...etiquette must however reign.

And BTW justdriftin...or just opining...with your 47 posts, perhaps you should just take a seat, look and listen for a while. Apologies for the tenor, but I'm about sick to death of it.

#59 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yup river55 many of those about as well. I'm a fourth generation float guy...that's right, my great grandfather fished a 20' bamboo pole trotting the canals of the old country. Something far more satisfying for some to fish the fly...to each his own...etiquette must however reign.

And BTW justdriftin...or just opining...with your 47 posts, perhaps you should just take a seat, look and listen for a while. Apologies for the tenor, but I'm about sick to death of it.

thank.you. chase, finally some keeps him quiet

#60 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Wow the atomic bomb fellon this thread quickly