6 replies to this topic

#1 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hey yall's!

i was talking to a friend at work the other day about fishing up north on the "Geen" he said something that sounded a bit fishy to me.

we were talking about open seasons when you told me this, 

a group of fishermen and general public people are trying to change up the boundary for fishing the river, they want a no fishing zone from the dam to the abutments just up from the fishermen park. has anyone heard anything about this? or the group of people trying to make this happen? he also said that sept 14 they will be gathering to inform others about the changes, or trying to bring this situation to a head and getting the public involved.

i dont know what to think about this at the moment, as i dont know all the facts.... they say they are trying to help the fish and stop people from taking them or what not...

if anyone has any input to add plz do. i really need more info on the situation before i go along or get upset.. lol 

#2 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

dam to the abutments makes more sense than what I thought you meant earlier but its still unnecessary. I cant see anything like that going through unless the ridiculously high numbers of returning fish starts to go down. All this would do is provide another fishing haven for the natives, anyone who fished the dam would just move down river and get their limit just as quickly.

#3 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

i guess the purpose of it would be to keep people away from the large number of fish waiting to get pass the dam. or the ones that dont make it and spawn right below in the shallows. but like you said i dont see it making much scene.

maybe some others know about this and can add to it...

#4 fishing with a fly

fishing with a fly

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

i dout if it would ever go any where stuff like that has a really hard time going any where groups like the ofah block alot and local goverements wont pass it becuase it might have a detriment to there economy

#5 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Seems kinda odd.
I also haven't heard anything about this or read anything. I would think the Ontario Steelheaders or some other clubs would have something to do with this

#6 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

i heard the grey county fly fishers may have something to do with it. i tried asking the guy at work that mentioned it to me, but he didnt know for sure, but he was sure there is something going on about something....???? :???:  i still havent looked into it on the net. hopefully hes just full of it... maybe i will start calling him Walt. b/c hes telling stories like Walt Disney would.

#7 Sparta

Sparta

Sunfish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

i fish there a lot! but never heard anything like that! thats very odd! all i know is as soon as people reach their limit they go home! ahhh maybe for a good reason?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bows, browns, salmon