• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Basschaser

Basschaser

Sunfish

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just curious about what spinning rods you all use.

#2 Jason15

Jason15

Sunfish

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I use a 13 omen black 6'7" med, shimano clarus med heavy

#3 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm a big Fenwick fan so I use two Fenwick eagle gts. One is a ul for creek and stream rockbass and smallmouth and the occasional trout, and a mh that I use for pike in weedy areas, its also great for crankbaits, and bigger lures. I also have a Fenwick method series 9' that I use for pier fishing and steel heading. Just got a st.croix triumph about 2 months back that I use for river fishing for smallmouth great for tubes and dropshotting. All these rods are awesome for the price, and you don't have to break the bank either.

#4 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I use:  Abu Garcia 6'6 MH/F Veritas,  Abu Garcia Villain 7'1 M/F,  St.Croix Avid series 6'9 ML/XF

#5 eric

eric

Sunfish

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

i only have 1 that is light enough for lure fishing.

Tenryu Powermaster PWM96M-K

everything else is for SW jigging/offshore or conventional (baitcasting) lure, surf, inshore rods.

#6 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Walleye - rod 1. St.Croix Eyecon ML 6'6 (bouncing jigs)

rod 2: St.Croix Eyecon M 7'0 (bucktails/worm harness)

Bass - Rod 1: Shimano Crucial 6'8 MH XF action(Drop shot/finesse)

The rest of the rods I use are all baitcasters. Walleye and Bass finesse techniques I tend to use a spinning rod/reel.

#7 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Just about every 7ft rod from all the big brands

#8 Basschaser

Basschaser

Sunfish

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Chasin Tails, from following some of your post you appear to have some nice reels too. It must be nice to have money to burn! ;-)

#9 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Chasin Tails, from following some of your post you appear to have some nice reels too. It must be nice to have money to burn! ;-)

Sir, Chasin Tails probably has a part-time job like a lot of teenagers.  Good on him for spending his hard earned cash on good fishing gear instead of CDs, junk food and designer jeans.

Wait... do teenagers even buy CDs any more?  You young scallywags and your MP3s!

#10 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

7ft uglystick m, 7ft bass pro UL, 9 ft shimano clarus salmon

#11 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sir, Chasin Tails probably has a part-time job like a lot of teenagers.  Good on him for spending his hard earned cash on good fishing gear instead of CDs, junk food and designer jeans.

Wait... do teenagers even buy CDs any more?  You young scallywags and your MP3s!

lol i used to do papers but that stunk barely got paid, now i save up collect change and stuff, dont buy garbage i dont need and wait to get a rod i dont really need  :mrgreen:  i think im up up to 11 now, if i see an awesome deal but dont have the money i ask my dad for it and in exchange, mow the lawn, was dishes, give him fishing tips lol 

thanks dude, i do save up and i also look around for deals, kijiji, going to the states, begging my dad etc etc  :razz:

#12 eric

eric

Sunfish

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

dont get into the habit of buying too much gear kiddo.

it all adds up. eventually youll be buying the high ticket items on a normal basis.
and you wish you didnt. lol   i been there, done that. and still do it.  

one thing i always tell people is instead of buying 2-4 cheaper items. save it up and big the higher tiered one.

it will usually outlast the 2-4 others.

#13 Basschaser

Basschaser

Sunfish

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Please don't take offense, I am just joking with you! My teenage son works part time lives for free and has no financial obligations yet so he has money to burn too. But he blows it on clothes, music and juke food.

#14 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

dont get into the habit of buying too much gear kiddo.

it all adds up. eventually youll be buying the high ticket items on a normal basis.
and you wish you didnt. lol   i been there, done that. and still do it.  

one thing i always tell people is instead of buying 2-4 cheaper items. save it up and big the higher tiered one.

it will usually outlast the 2-4 others.

yep thats a problem of mine, i think im rounded off, for now alas ill have to cut myself off lol 

#15 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Please don't take offense, I am just joking with you! My teenage son works part time lives for free and has no financial obligations yet so he has money to burn too. But he blows it on clothes, music and juke food.

i didnt, i know you were joking, just saying how i save up for stuff 

#16 eric

eric

Sunfish

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

yep thats a problem of mine, i think im rounded off, for now alas ill have to cut myself off lol 

wait till you get older and do even more fishing.
you catch the upgraditis itch and all hell breaks loose.

if you think your 11 items are alot, you dont want to see my closet. lol

#17 Basschaser

Basschaser

Sunfish

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am interested in what reels and rods you have and why you chose it. I figure since you have to save up to buy it you would be more selective in your choices as oppose to someone who drops a few hundred dollars on something like it was nothing.
I want to get into higher end stuff but can not afford to make a wrong choice and regret it later.

#18 eric

eric

Sunfish

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

editted. 

#19 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

I am interested in what reels and rods you have and why you chose it. I figure since you have to save up to buy it you would be more selective in your choices as oppose to someone who drops a few hundred dollars on something like it was nothing.
I want to get into higher end stuff but can not afford to make a wrong choice and regret it later.

best thing to do is talk to guys at local shops or the veterans at bps, because all the other guys will just give you the most expensive thing in their stock 

#20 acmarou

acmarou

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

A few years ago a buddy a mine closed the door on one of his St. Croix rods and they replaced it knowing it was his fault. I'll never buy anything else.