• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 MATTD

MATTD

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

I went to high school in Sherbrooke and fished Ecum Secum and liscombe a few times. Small world man !
I am going to try them on the fly rod and hope to find a few I can swing a fly at. I was staying very close to Bronte last fall in early October and hit it during a big rain. I was amazed to see the fresh fish storming up river !! Going to be back in that area mid Oct this yr

#22 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

hey bud, should have seen this post sooner. welcome!

im from cape breton moved out to ontario when young. still go down east every couple of years to see family and get some atlantic/brown fishing in.

send me a pm when you come down in oct and ill try to give you some good local info

cheers

#23 MATTD

MATTD

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Shmogley!! I will give you a PM when i arrive.  Ironically enough, the fishing i did last year was with a former cape bretoner!  He also lives in Ontario now and he took me to the credit and Bronte.

#24 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hey Matt - welcome to the forum!

I have some family in NS, and did some fly fishing in some tidal rivers off of the Bay of Fundy. Incredible brown trout fishery you have out there! Good luck with your salmon here in ON!

#25 MATTD

MATTD

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thanks MadocFlyGuy....you are right...the Brown Trout fishing in those rivers and some closer to the North Shore have great some great fishing.

Hooked most of these on a mouse pattern.

photo3_zps4f217d73.jpg

photo4_zpsdf0e82c3.jpg

photo2_zpsdd84f07b.jpg

photo3_zps4743045d.jpg

photo_zps08c7d1d1.jpg