74 replies to this topic

#61 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Am I the cool one lmao

if you're about 60 years old...then pretty close. but then again that old dude was actually the cool one in that movie. lol

#62 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Healthy fun arguments...you can't beat that. I was float fishing with worms the other day....this guy on the other side told me i don't have the right presentation. I won't catch a salmon with my rig. then i landed a small brown about 12". and also caught a bass. i see salmon but i can't seem to "catch" them as this dude said. few minutes later, with some ninja like moves or what not, he managed to cross the river and was right next to me...wtf?! then i saw his set up. 3 split shots...24" leader...deliciously prepared...pink...marshmellows...i didn't say it out loud but i thought..."screw you guy, i'm going home!"....

#63 azp

azp

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Oh so does anyone know where people are catching atlantic salmon?  Like where the season is open?

Lake O zone 20,

SPORTING LICENSE 1 fish over 24.8inches

Conservation licsnese NO FISH - 0 - ZERO - NADA - DO NOT KEEP

check the regs.

#64 azp

azp

Sunfish

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I heard there is no season for atlantic salmon.  Does that mean we can still target them?  So we are able to target species out of season but we just can't keep them right?

Zone 16 and 17

Atlantic salmon - CLOSED ALL YEAR - NO SEASON - NOT OUT OF SEASON - DO NOT TARGET NOR KEEP

i usually LIKE to help people but, check the regs yourself before you go fish man.

#65 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Just wondering because people here are saying they prefer to catch atlantic salmon over chinook and I assume we are all talking about river fishing... soo... are these people loogans??  :idea:

#66 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I guess that would depend on whether they're fishing for Atlantics or not. I find it hard to believe that anyone's targeting and successfully catching Atlantics here on a regular basis.

#67 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

No

I prefer trying to fight an Atlantic or a rainbow over the nooks. Atlantics put on quite the acrobatic show.

To each his own.

ya well i cant target lantics here so i cant fish for them, out of what i can fish for ill stick with my nooks 

x2 Atlantics put on quite a show. 5lb salar can put on better show then 15 lb nook lmao.

Just wondering because people here are saying they prefer to catch atlantic salmon over chinook and I assume we are all talking about river fishing... soo... are these people loogans??  :idea:

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

#68 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

I don't know if its different on the lake o tribs where there are so many more fish and less water.

Ya its definitely different on a few of the Huron and GB tribs. So much big deep water close to the mouth that they are still in staging mode and you can get hits out of them much more easily. 100 fish in a 200' x 70' pool vs. 100 fish in a 30'x10' pool.

#69 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Loogans LMFAO

If you need to know they run with all the nooks, rainbows, cohos and browns. We do not target them as they hit the same thing the other species hit.

I have seen them on west piers which is zone 20 and they hit aggressively.

#70 beef

beef

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I heard there is no season for atlantic salmon. Does that mean we can still target them? So we are able to target species out of season but we just can't keep them right?

you can't target Atlantic's anywhere in Ontario except in one place and its far

#71 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

you can't target Atlantic's anywhere in Ontario except in one place and its far

Zone 20 Conserv=0, Sports=1

#72 beef

beef

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Zone 20 Conserv=0, Sports=1

sorry my bad I don't fish them at all I thought they were closed everywhere but the north good to know but I still won't target them

#73 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

sorry my bad I don't fish them at all I thought they were closed everywhere but the north good to know but I still won't target them

so if you were shore fishing lake o would u b able to keep it or would you have to be in a boat ?

#74 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Technically you could but I cant understand for the life of me why they would ever have an open season for them when they are struggling to bring them back.

#75 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

so if you were shore fishing lake o would u b able to keep it or would you have to be in a boat ?

Actually a friend of mine was fishing at the PC rocks and asked the MNR officer the tech of it. He said it was fine because it was considered zone 20. Never keep them though they fight like crazy.