• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Its probably intentional that they tear that easily - more realistic feel for the fish. The cheap ones are made that way not because they're more durable but because its a cheaper process/material. With that said bass aren't really picky but I don't like using cheap tackle when i'm investing my entire day on the water.

That is why I like ZOOM so much. Their bush hog does not tear! I went through 6 bass of decent size in heavy weeds and the most that had tear was one back paddle on it.

#42 Kleiner

Kleiner

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Its probably intentional that they tear that easily - more realistic feel for the fish. The cheap ones are made that way not because they're more durable but because its a cheaper process/material. With that said bass aren't really picky but I don't like using cheap tackle when i'm investing my entire day on the water.

very true

#43 Kleiner

Kleiner

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Are these the ones you're referring to? Even if they aren't they look like a Nice Selection of Worms Nice array of colors also.

I agree about the Senkos Tearing to easily, When you compare about .82 Cents each for the Senkos and about .18 Cents each for these along with a nice Plastic Box.

Seems like a Good Deal.

I've never tried these, but the Zoom Impregnated 6-3/4" "Trick Worm"? at 20 for $4.99 looks pretty good also. Rigged Texas Style or on a Harness with a Spinner might work nicely??

Yes! That is the one! I think NADO is right when he says the yamamotos tear so easily because they are more realistic, but I"ve caught hundreds of bass on these BPS senkos

#44 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Yes! That is the one! I think NADO is right when he says the yamamotos tear so easily because they are more realistic, but I"ve caught hundreds of bass on these BPS senkos

Thanks for answering My Question "Kleiner".  I appreciate that you watch your Posts.

#45 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Ive used a couple of zoom products, and i gotta agree, they definitely make a quality product

#46 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ive used a couple of zoom products, and i gotta agree, they definitely make a quality product

Hamiltonangler94 and I seem to agree on a lot of things  :P  :P

#47 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Sorry to bump this thread but I just got into using GY senko's.  I like them but they do tear easily.

What can I do to make them last longer?

Also what other senko brands would you guys recommend?  I'll take a look at these Zoom senko's you guys are talking about.

#48 buckhorn-bassin

buckhorn-bassin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

GY have the best action of all senko's hands down.. Very true the don't last long because they are very soft

Iv tried almost every brand at some point.. Always go back to GY's

#49 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Sorry to bump this thread but I just got into using GY senko's.  I like them but they do tear easily.

What can I do to make them last longer?

Also what other senko brands would you guys recommend?  I'll take a look at these Zoom senko's you guys are talking about.

O rings or as I learned about the other day, shrink tubing.

#50 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Zoom make excellent products at a good price. All I use now is zoom, especially there super chunks and super flukes I have had good success with both, plus a few of there other products.

#51 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

Anyone know where you can buy GY senko's at a good price?

#52 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

[quote name="PUMP KNOWS" post="313227" timestamp="1407258965"]

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.
Anyone know where you can buy GY senko's at a good price?[/quote
Sail has them for a good price.
As for making them last longer go to a dollar store and buy the smallest rubber bands.
They come in black and diff colours. The ones to tie your hair

#53 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

^^^
Hehe... I'm gonna give it a shot

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#54 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

I found this on youtube...

#55 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Watch my senko being tossed at the 12 second mark...the senko just lands right below the boat

#56 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

just get the next closest color. I wouldn't drive far just for a certain color. yamamoto senko's are killer in each variety. I fished with senkos and my back up is gambler and it works just as good when i get multiple hits. When the day is burning hot, you will almost dig in thru your tackle box for some alternatives. I ran out of a new pack of tubes, a dozen of worms working the dock in scugog and all I have left is a pack of m twister yellow grub & crappy worms...still hooking bass.

#57 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

caught on gambler under a bobber. My son doesn't fish without a bobber.He does twitch it to make it move.

Attached Images

• gambler.jpg