• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 T-W

T-W

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I wanted to try some trout beads but wondered if the Raven octopus hooks will hook the fish properly as it bites the bead? Just wondering because the eye is not straight.

#2 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

#3 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I use the other raven hooks like wide gap and sledge and they work amazing with beads.  Caught a few Coho today too on the bead and raven hook

#4 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

They will work, and will work even better if you use a snell knot to tie the hook on.

#5 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

They will work, and will work even better if you use a snell knot to tie the hook on.

That's all I use for single hooks !! Gets the best hook sets

#6 T-W

T-W

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the replies......... will beads work for bottom bouncing in deep water too?That's I was going to use them for.

#7 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the replies......... will beads work for bottom bouncing in deep water too?That's I was going to use them for.

a drop shot setup will work well with beads

#8 T-W

T-W

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Could you please explain the rig and how I would fish it? I know a little about drop shot rigs for bass with plastics but i'm not sure how to rig it and drift for trout.

#9 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Could you please explain the rig and how I would fish it? I know a little about drop shot rigs for bass with plastics but i'm not sure how to rig it and drift for trout.

Tie a 3 way swivel to your main line than off the swivel tie a 1' and a 2' line .. On the 1' put your split shot and on the 2' put your bead and hook.

Don't tie a knot below your split shot because if it gets stuck on a rock you want the shot to slide off the line