Photo

I. What's Your Interpretation on this Forum ?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I. What's Your Interpretation on this Forum ?

For me, this forum is like a lake full of multi species fish and other creatures. People from different backgrounds that has the same interest, which is to catch a fish. It's like watching a movie too, it has action, drama, love story, comedy, social service, science fiction and other things you need to know section. If you have any question, just cast in the shoutbox and fish will come out to give you an answer, that's cool!  There's no other place like this !  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

#2 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

It's generally a good forum but would be much better if we got rid of the trolls !!! There are a few members who try really hard to hijack posts and insult and belittle people and they should be removed from the forum !!! IMO

#3 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

It's generally a good forum but would be much better if we got rid of the trolls !!! There are a few members who try really hard to hijack posts and insult and belittle people and they should be removed from the forum !!! IMO

This is true ^

#4 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think it's a great forum. It's definitely improved over the past couple years and I'm sure it'll get even better. 

#5 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

If you look past the "drama", "action", trolls and you are willing to share your knowledge about fishing, willing to learn new techniques and don't act like a little b*tch when criticized. You can't find a better forum than this.

#6 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

it's internet bro.  you don't know what kind of fish on the other end of the line. it could be 7 yrs. old, 10, 15 or 85 you're dealing with we all don't know that, you look like you know better than the other people out there(noobs). It will be best to educate people by sharing what you already know, don't react you can report, it will make things worst bro. no harm no foul, yup respect is missing there, stay cool,  it will be hard to catch fish on everyone's case, you will think of many things out there, where as you should have fun catching. Mods are doing their job.

#7 steelhead101

steelhead101

Sunfish

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

good forum since it has  more people that the area specific forums, alot of forums are almost dead until the fishing season hits. i think its good that people argue on here, it means they care whats going on in this world and dont let things just past them by.

#8 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

it's internet bro. you don't know what kind of fish on the other end of the line. it could be 7 yrs. old, 10, 15 or 85 you're dealing with we all don't know that, you look like you know better than the other people out there(noobs). It will be best to educate people by sharing what you already know, don't react you can report, it will make things worst bro. no harm no foul, yup respect is missing there, stay cool, it will be hard to catch fish on everyone's case, you will think of many things out there, where as you should have fun catching. Mods are doing their job.

ya I'm going to start using the report button is I see these attacks on members

#9 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

its pretty cool, as always theres people that think their better than everyone, people who like to troll, waste time and things like that but in general its great 

#10 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

its pretty cool, as always theres people that think their better than everyone, people who like to troll, waste time and things like that but in general its great

i agree it is a great forum and it's a very helpful for gathering info and meeting people with the same passion as you

#11 Sparta

Sparta

Sunfish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

yuppppp!!!! very true! some are sarcastic and  knows everything!!! way too many Pros. lmao...... but its good though! for JFL..........

#12 Lure

Lure

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

yuppppp!!!! very true! some are sarcastic and  knows everything!!! way too many Pros. lmao...... but its good though! for JFL..........

I agree with all you're inputs. The best teacher would be yourself learning from trials and errors.....I started learning fishing years back, by reading, learning what fish likes and a lot more, no Forums at all,  no one teach me this and that. Many people will tell you this will work and when you try it out there it doesn't. Lots of variables out there, you have to eliminate those, one by one by one by one = Fish. Time is one of those most important key that will help anyone. 

#13 David Parker

David Parker

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

I've watched this site for while and it has improved lots.

Been a signed-in member only a week because I thought sharing some of my years of knowledge with those who would like it might be helpful to many. I'm certain we are all willing to learn things from others and yes there are always going to be those know-it-alls, but we must look past them and move forward. As already said, this in the internet and along with it comes the Troll.

It would be nice to see this board set up to eliminated just anyone from reading almost anything though, especially maps to get to different fishing spots........this I feel should be done as a private message per person. Afterall, how would you feel if you showed up to meet your buddies at a spot you thought was quiet, only to find it crowded with those who saw the map and don't seem to have any ethics in fishing ( eg; salmon pic from Bowmanville )  

From what I have read this week, there is a lot of info sharing, some ribbing and a few laughs to boot.

I beleave this is how friends are made.......... :razz:

#14 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Internet is called information highway for nothing. Everything discussed here has been out there for years. The reason I am a member and continue to do so is I put myself in the experiences of others. Along the way you will meet people who welcome new knowledge and then there will be others who will swear by their technique to be better than yours...Fishing will always evolve.

When a thread turns into a pissing contest, you can either walk away or join the melee...your call.

#15 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

This forum is like a club to some people, only difference is we dont meet up on a regular basis and sit around a table telling fishing lies to anyone who'd listen lol

#16 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

agree wholeheartedly with what's being said. always a few guys who love nothing better than to attack someone instead of being courteous and diplomatic at first. though some people have proven to be worthy of attacks.

but for the most part this forum is great. i used to be a member of the other forum but found that there were too many mean spirited threads and then got political.

this one to me is very down to earth and everyone from noobs to veterans are welcome and people here are so helpful.

#17 w_ boughner

w_ boughner

Perch

• Active Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

[quote name="rhymobot" post="289882" timestamp="1381159381"]agree wholeheartedly with what's being said. always a few guys who love nothing better than to attack someone instead of being courteous and diplomatic at first. though some people have proven to be worthy of attacks.

If some one makes an inappropriate comment they should be asked to change it but no one deserves to be attacked in the way I've witnessed here over the last couple weeks !!!

Some people use racial and ethnic slurs with out the intent to insult just don't put much thought in to the wording before they hit the post button !!
I did it last week with out thinking about it and was brutally attacked for it

The attack is even more disrespectful than the un thought out slur!!! Just ask them to change it

#18 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm sitting here after reading this and well my mind is kinda blank....   such is life good and bad light vs dark ying and yang without one there is no other...

I have rather come to enjoy it here and learned to read what I want to read and laugh at the rest...

#19 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

I used to think this board was pretty bad but since I haven't seen 'remyboy' around for a while I've actually started learning stuff.  But it's hard when 'iJay' is talking about maple syrup this, maple syrup that.  

I think it's strange that in a lot of threads that start with "where might I go fishing" or "what is a good type of bait to use" there are always replies of "you probably won't find answers here" or "use maple syrup covered spoons on fly rods with no tippet".  I mean, you can help out the OP without being sarcastic and without naming specific rivers/spots.  

The forum has a few decent posters, some have already posted in this thread.  But the forum is rife with trolls and elitist fishermen.  I have no idea why they even are part of the forum if they don't want to contribute constructively or just troll or insult everyone else

#20 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I used to think this board was pretty bad but since I haven't seen 'remyboy' around for a while I've actually started learning stuff.  But it's hard when 'iJay' is talking about maple syrup this, maple syrup that.  

I think it's strange that in a lot of threads that start with "where might I go fishing" or "what is a good type of bait to use" there are always replies of "you probably won't find answers here" or "use maple syrup covered spoons on fly rods with no tippet".  I mean, you can help out the OP without being sarcastic and without naming specific rivers/spots.  

The forum has a few decent posters, some have already posted in this thread.  But the forum is rife with trolls and elitist fishermen.  I have no idea why they even are part of the forum if they don't want to contribute constructively or just troll or insult everyone else

somewhat tru that when it comes to salmon and trout your not going to get  much help especially during the salmon runs.   But in some cases the reason for this is the information that is being asked for on a daily basis over and over again is already posted on this site. My suggestion is to read as much as possible as well as practice...  I am talking from both sides of this argument  as a newcomer to this site and fishing forums period and a noob to salmon and trout fishing this is my third season but I fished for other species all my life...