• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I recently bought Simms Freestone waders and boots, Always had neopreme waders b4. I have to say after my first use on Saturday I am more then satisified with these waders/boots. Would recommend them to anyone.  

#42 LordMykiss

LordMykiss

Perch

• Active Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

i highly suggest you check out the new rapala waders, my buddy just got them and they are awesome! way better than my white river ones that i paid the same ammount for. and they look realy nice to

I saw it online. I like the designs for sure. Now to wear them and see.

#43 freshMint

freshMint

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Just curious to know which set you purchased ?

#44 Jacklake

Jacklake

Sunfish

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

No-one has mentioned LLBean.  Had a pair of BP but sold them off after about two wearings.  After using both Caddis waders and Simms bootfoot  for about 5 years I have to say the LLB are better.  Better material than the Caddis (and better foot size/shape).  The Simms bootfoot leaked at the right toe (probably my fault for kicking over stones in the river), but the replacement pair have been hardly worn and pampered but started leaking in the same place.

Waders need to fit when you sit down and also when you raise your leg to put your foot on a chair (or climb out of the river).  Often neglected is the bootie size.  Another friend with Caddis + myself found the feet too long and they folded in our boots and that was the place that wore out first (and very hard to patch crushed/worn neoprene).  A third friend has waders (don't know the brand) where the feet are too short for the wader size.  Fortunately LLBean has a free return policy and you only have to mail them to Montreal which cheap.

Here are the links:  LLBean waders

An extremely comprehensive review of waders - educational even if you don't buy any of the brands listed.