14 replies to this topic

#1 richardjai

richardjai

Sunfish

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

hey Guys,

hope salmonoid season is going well for all of you.

me and my buddies are done for the season and itchin to find some pike.

I was wondering if anyone knows a solid pike spot near toronto, me and my buddy have yet to catch a pike this year :(

pm me if needed.

#2 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Toronto Islands

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

any accessable waters in Lake O will have them right now. what rig are you going to use? Fall-winter - ice out. you will have great pike fishing from here onwards...

#4 richardjai

richardjai

Sunfish

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I work in missisauga, so I wouldlike an after work outing.

Im considering lakefront promenade after work, apparently its great for pike and its only 10 mins away.

anyone have success at lakefront promenade for pike? and if so where? last time I went I caught nothing but gobiessssss lol.

Ive read that they are in the marina, but can I fish there? I think its private...

Planning on spoon chucking.

#5 richardjai

richardjai

Sunfish

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

SO after doing some research Ive decided to finally try Toronto harbour!. I watched 2 of Blairs vids on youtube and it seems to be promising.

Anyone have an idea where I should start? Im thinking of starting at the marina at the foot of spadina and move east along harbourfront.

DO i fish open water? Or should I stick to the walls and marinas and boat launches only?

Ive been skeptical of fishing at harbourfront for a long time, but im interested in checking it out.

ANy tips PMs would be greatly appreciated from anyone whos had luck at toronto harbour.

#6 Jan

Jan

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Try out the Humber Bay Park West, Toronto, ON, Canada, Planet Earth, Milky way Galaxy, somewhere in this Universe or so

was recently there, it's just beside the marina and boy I saw something chasing something on the surface couple times, that was during those last warm weather days but since it seems relatively deep there I would give it a try even with the temperatures at the moment, but take this whit a grain of salt since I am a bloody beginner... would be happy to hear how it goes

#7 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

yes there are some pike at humber bay park. Both in the marina and mimico creek

#8 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

I don't fish or live in Toronto but I've heard the islands can be good for pike

#9 weedfish

weedfish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh man go fishing down at rouge park.. Been nailing the pike espeacially when its raining .. The flow of water is going outward to lake ontario.. Wait for flood days .. I am guessing theres more food for them to eat , therefore great fishing.. Was  there last week. Caught 4 right of the shore in a matter of 2 hours it was great.. Use light line , with either a worm and jig, or a mepps..

#10 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

That's the first I've heard about pike fishing after a rain. Was the water murky? Always thought murky water would shut the pike fishing right down. 

#11 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

So why is it suddenly ok to name spots?

#12 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

If you see a rule violation hit the "report button"..this site has grown like a weed in the past year and there's no way each mod can read every post. 

#13 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Well people seem to not care unless its a river. This forum favors river fishing and is hard on naming them. I dont care really. Cant go snagging for the bass I catch anyway, all you will get are heavy weeds.

#14 LordMykiss

LordMykiss

Perch

• Active Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

you are only not allowed to name rivers. there is no rules about lakes and spots.

#15 richardjai

richardjai

Sunfish

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

Oh man go fishing down at rouge park.. Been nailing the pike espeacially when its raining .. The flow of water is going outward to lake ontario.. Wait for flood days .. I am guessing theres more food for them to eat , therefore great fishing.. Was  there last week. Caught 4 right of the shore in a matter of 2 hours it was great.. Use light line , with either a worm and jig, or a mepps..

rouge park? really?

last time i went there all i saw was the wbb and no one catching aything except 4inch catfish.